i've got something better

calling momma 💜...

'hey, are you okay?'

'i'm not great.'

'what happened?'

'nothing, she left.'

'aw, baby.'

'can you come pick me up?'

'of course, i'm on my
way.'

'thank you.'

i hang up, feeling tears spring up to my eyes again. i can't tell if they're happy or sad. considering i'm in the airport and haven't moved since billie left, i'd say they're most likely sad.

messages
sam

hey

i'm here
are you alright?

not really
i'm in the airport still
by myself

baby :(
i'm about to drop
everything to come
see you

can you actually
my mum's coming to get
me but i need a hug from u

i'm omw

spare keys under the plant
let yourself in
we'll be home in like an hour?

see you soon

i sink into the chair i was in before she left. i can still imagine her, sitting next to me and stroking my hair. kissing me.

'i'm sorry to bother you, but are you getting on the next flight, miss?'

i shake my head, but stay still. i'm sure the guard can see my puffy eyes and glistening cheeks, however he doesn't catch the hint.

'yeah, well, you gotta move then. can't just sit around waiting for that person to come back, can ya?' he chuckles.

for whatever reason, this annoys the hell out of me.

'oh sorry, did your, you know, best friend just kiss you? like in one of those cheesy fucking rom coms? cause, buddy, that just happened to me and to be honest, i want you to leave me alone and let me just cry for a little bit. so i am going to sit here, watch billie's plane fly away, and then i will leave. kay?'

he shrugs and walks off, damn, i was really in the mood to argue with him.

an: did u like last chapter/did i make u cry?