CHAPTER 1

*Storm's POV* 

"Why does it have to be me though? Why can't Xolo go?" I asked with a sigh. "Because you daughter are my first born child and only first born children are allowed, you know the rules." my father said. I groaned, "but father i don't want to go! You promised that this year I will not be doing anymore fighting and focus on school, I'm a senior now! And isn't it that 18 year olds are legible for this? Not me." I finished. "First of all it's not fighting, it's competing and second, the games only last a couple of months and they are very important for politics you know that. I need to send my best warrior forward and that person is you and i can always arrange for you to finish your studies there." My father said with pleading eyes. I hated seeing him having to beg but i also did not want to go. I've always done what my father expected of me, killing our enemies, being diplomatic and all that shit. ugh! I stared at my father contemplating what to do. "Storm just do this for me please, I'll send Lerato along with you if you'd like. If you make this hard for me I will have to use extreme measures to make you do this understood?" He said the last part in one of those alpha voices he uses to scare people and I knew if I didn't cooperate I was gonna be in deep shit so I simply nodded and said "Yes father."

*Oliver's POV*

The games are beginning in a month's time so everyone is in a frenzy and it's pretty hectic. We're hosting this year and my father wants everything to be perfect, so do I. I'm ready kick butt yet again, I have won these games for my family and pack 3 times in a row and I'm ready to do it again, I'm a total badass and I know it. I was pulled out of my thoughts when my door slammed open, I looked up to see my beaming best friend and future beta Peter. "Have you ever heard of a thing called 'knocking'?" I asked as I put knocking in air quotation marks. He just shrugged " Have you checked out this year's new entrants?!" He asked in excitement. "Yes" I said simply. He looked at me dumbfounded "Are you serious right now? You know who your competitors are and you're just chillaxing?" "In case you haven't really noticed, I don't have to. I'm the raining champ and I'll win again this year" I said while swinging in my chair. "You have no idea do you?"he asked in a low tone. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion "know what?" He took my hand and led me to his room. It had all types of computer gadgets and spyware, Peter is a computer geek. Since I'm cool and all you might think that I don't want to be associated with geeks but Peter is a special case and besides he comes in handy most of the time. He sat me in his assistant chair as he took the main one in front of his computers. They were a lot. He had a big main one in the middle that looked more like a 42 inch TV with a keyboard. One on either side of the main one, they were of a regular size. There also other gadgets scattered all over the place from ear pieces to little tracker bugs. When I said he was a geek I wasn't joking. He's more like a God really but he doesn't need to know that i think that of him. "Check out this year's new entrants" Peter said as he pointed his finger to the main screen. "Why should I? I already know they don't stand a chance against me. Besides I checked them out two months ago." I said as I folded my arms over my chest. "They all have shitty reputations and don't stand a chance, it's mediocre really. The only new entrants that maybe might impress me are the Asian twins from the Black moon pack, the rest are not worth my time really." I chuckled to myself slightly. "I guess you haven't this yet" Peter said as he showed me a name on the screen, it read 'Storm of the Ngwedi pack' why does that name sound familiar I thought to myself as i tilted my head to help me think. Peter noticed because he then said "Storm is going to compete this year and from what I've heard about him he is fucking badass, lethal too in battle."Then it hit me,it's the guy who almost half the world doesn't wanna mess with and he's barely even 20, apparently he's just a kid with mad skills. okay now maybe I might get worried. The kid is incredible but he's no match for me, I'm as feared as him if not more and I have more experience in these games than him. "I hear that his pack is the only one to ever be blessed by the moon goddess herself so they must be powerful like hell." Uneasiness starts settling in me but i quickly shrug it off and tell Peter that I'll also be prepared for this all powerful guy, he doesn't phase me.

*Storm's POV*

It's been a 2 weeks since my father demanded that i attend these annual Pack Power Games where different Alphas world wide when their first born children turn 18 compete in along with their betas and their third's children. Apparently it is like a show of power kind of thing so that enemy packs can be aware that the future leaders of their packs are strong and all that bull that I didn't want to worry myself about this year. Boo year ruined. Now I'm packing and really not feeling this at all but hey I gotta suck it up. I'm leaving along with Lerato the beta's daughter and Chris the third's daughter, we're leaving tomorrow evening. We're also gonna have to start going to a new school once we get there. Ugh! I hate American schools, they don't wear uniforms, now I have to start picking out outfits for school?! This is gonna be one long ass experience. And the weather! Damn I'm gonna miss my warm climates. 'me too' wolf Sky says. 'But I can't wait to go over there and kick some butt! I haven't heard a snap of a bone in a long time, you're getting boring Storm' Sky complains. 'Slow down, why do you always have to be violent though?'I chuckle. 'I am not violent bitch I'm just around the edges' 'yeah right' I roll my eyes. 'Tell your brother I said see you when I get back sucker!' I her raise her middle finger up 'SKY' I yell at her  but she just shrugs and says 'what? It's not like i like the motherfucker, he's fucking annoying, 4 months without him is a blessing.' I can't help but laugh at what my counterpart has just said, dang I love that bitch! I eventually finish packing and head out of my room to go have dinner with fam. They were all seated by the time i got there, mother was passing father a bowl of some salad I think. I took my seat at the table across from my little brother Xolo as always, and greeted everyone. We had a wonderful supper as always laughing and all, it made me remember that how much I'm going to miss them even though it's only for 4 months. After dinner I washed the dishes with Xolo, even though we were the alpha's children our parents made it their mission to teach us every single thing poor people did like washing our dishes. Father would always say that the best way to lead is through observation and observing how your normal pack members live will help you lead them well including dishes and all. I didn't mind though, it helps build my character. Thank goodness I'm not spoiled or anything like that African parents do that to you.