11. Blackbeard

Sorry it's so late! Happy Halloween everyone... Here's my special treat! ;)

Hook's eyes widened as he stared at the short, chubby man in front of him. "Blackbeard? But, that's not... possible." Hook was sure he had died years ago after their first duel. Clearly he had found a way to survive, just like Hook had.

"Well, obviously not, captain. He's standin' right up there on his deck, firing cannons at us, and demandin' to talk to ya, sir," Smee said nervously.

Hook's eyes narrowed. He was about to burst up there and impale Blackbeard's head on his sword, but Emma's voice brought him back to reality.

"Blackbeard?" Emma raised an eyebrow, recognizing the name, but not knowing much about the person. "Who is he?"

Thankfully, the large cannon that had been fired just moments ago had been a distraction from her and Hook's little moment.

Did she seriously almost kiss him? Did he seriously almost kiss her back? Why did she not regret it at all, and why did she so desperately wish the bloody cannon hadn't flown into the ship?

Hook's face contorted into a sneer. "A ruthless, but unintelligent pirate, who's good in a fight, and also someone you will never meet."

Emma looked surprised. "What?"

"Swan, you have to stay down here."

Emma's eyes widened, "no!"

Hook frowned. "You have to-"

"No! I want to help you fight! You are mad if you think I'm about to stay down here and be useless while you go and get yourself killed."

Hook's eyes pleaded with her own. "Emma, we have only been training a few times! You can't be serious."

"But-"

"No buts."

"Please, Hook." She begged

"I'm the captain on this ship! I make the demands, you follow them! And right now, I am telling you to stay down here! You'll be safe!" Hook yelled.

Emma cowered back, her lip quivering, but her gaze full of fire. "Fine."

Hook relaxed. "Thank you, love." He walked over to her, his eyes burning into here, but she refused to look at him. He cupped her cheek, invading her personal space, making her skin burn wherever he touched. How does he do that? "Emma look at me."

She shook her head, looking anywhere but his sea blue orbs.

"Look at me!"

She squeezed her eyes shut, turning her face to where his gaze would be. And when she opened her eyes, she was met with a gaze so intense, she couldn't break away.

His eyes were no longer blue, but a steamy grey, like a storm on the ocean. They were so full of pain, she wanted to hug him, and never let him go.

"I can't lose you too."

Emma's heart swelled at the declaration, and Hook removed his hand, her cheek instantly growing cold.

He slowly backed away, grabbing the hilt of his sword as he turned back to his first mate.

"Come, Smee," he said, a grim expression on his face. "We can't run from our problems forever."

The chubby fellow scurried out, Hook following.

Emma watched, and Hook slowly shut the door, a fearful look in his eyes as he looked at her.

But she knew that the fear wasn't for himself. He was scared that anything might happen to her.