One thing Louis did invest in is fluffy towels. He's not a diva, but he can surely appreciate luxury. And fluffy towels are nothing if not luxurious. He ran one through his hair before wrapping it around his waist and padding out to the living room to finally open his assignment, only to find that it'd already been opened. The papers were spread out on the table and there was a pen laying across the folder.

Louis casually stepped over to the table on the wall and opened the drawer that held his semi-automatic, already equipped with a silencer, but his fingers only brushed against wood.

"I could have you on the floor right now, mate."

Louis sighed, half with relief, half with annoyance, at the familiar voice. He turned to see the end a barrel between his eyes. He rolled said eyes and pushed the gun out of his eyeline. "You wouldn't, though. Because then who would do all the work so you can get paid?"

"Good point."

"What do you want, Zayn?"

The dark-haired man waved the gun towards the table lazily and said, "We have to go over the details don't we?"

Louis didn't dare look back to where the papers were scattered, partner or not: trust no one. Rule number one through five thousand. Louis held out his hand, to which Zayn scoffed and handed the gun back. Louis stashed it back in its place and gave Zayn a once over. He's got clean clothing on, and his scruff couldn't be more than two days old. So he must have been back home for a little while.

"I'm going to go get dressed," Louis informed him and flicked his finger towards his room.

"Why? I like you better like this."

Louis rolled his eyes and shoved at Zayn lightly, "Not tonight, okay. I literally just got off the job yesterday."

Zayn crowded in to Louis and placed his hands on the edge of the soft towel. "So? First night off. No better way to celebrate." Zayn started fiddling with the end of the towel where it was tucked in. Louis swatted his hand away, but that only made Zayn laugh and pull Louis' towel from around him. "Just one round. Then we'll get to work. Promise," Zayn assured with a lilt to his tone.

***

Aparently just one round meant three, including Louis eating Zayn out and then Zayn riding him until he begged Zayn to Stop, fuck Zayn please I can't from overstimulation. But as promised Zayn threw Louis a pair of joggers and headed out to the living room after they finished. The papers were exactly as they left them, in a seemingly disorganized pattern. But Louis knew how Zayn worked. He was always three steps ahead during an assignment, and that started with The Package. He laid things out as he saw them going. Like steps in the plan.

Louis sat on the floor between the couch and the table and started at the left. "Madame Secretary?" Louis picked up the profile of their main target, always labeled with a red stamp that said Kill Order. "What'd she do?"

"Who gives a fuck? You always ask that Lou, and I never know the answer. Plus it doesn't matter what she did, that's not what we're paid for."

Louid huffed, "I know. It just gets me sometimes, you know? They told us way back when that everyone that is on our list deserves to be there, but sometimes it makes me wonder."

"You wonder too much," Zayn huffed a laugh, "I wonder how you even got into this business anyway. You're a softie."

Louis laughed, too loud, and reached under the couch to pull out another hand gun. He pointed it at Zayn, still standing above him by the table. Louis' laugh died instantly, "Not soft. There's no one in this world that means enough to me not to kill if it came down to it."