Chapter 2

"Oh! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe." 

"Well, you can breathe after cotillion."

I was standing outside of Mal and Evie's dorm room. Just those few words made me contemplate whether or not I wanted to go into the room. It took me a few minutes until I finally decided to walk into the room. "What up losers?" I said as I walked in and sat on a random chair. Mal was sitting on the bed and Evie was half laying on the bed with a book in her hand. The book seemed familiar but I couldn't seem to figure it out. "Y/n, please, tell Mal that her spell book belongs in the museum." Evie said finally standing up with the book still in her hands. "Y/n, tell Evie that I need it in order to not be a train wreck." 

"Okay, um, I'm gonna be honest here." I said getting up and grabbing the book from Evie and flipping through the pages. "I would love it if I could have-" Before I could finish my sentence Mal had took the book from my hands and shoved it into a nightstand. "You know you can't have the book because it needs magic in order to work, which you don't have." Mal stood on a podium. "Way to crush my dreams." I said with a smile on my face as I sat back down on the chair. Mal and Evie both chuckled. "Okay, Evie, get this dress off of me."

*Time Skip*

The past few days have been pretty boring for me. Considering the fact that I have been busy with school work and helping Jane get things situated with the Cotillion. However, I've just been doing the hard work. Like getting the supplies for the event.Which by the way is super hard considering I don't lift weights or do anything physical. So, in other words I am dying everyday. 

But as of right now I am on my way to meet up with Evie to talk dresses and colors. You know the girlie things. As I got to her room I see Evie standing by a window looking outside. "Hey, Evie." I set my stuff down on the floor and walked over to her. Getting closer I notice her holding a note. "Whatcha got there?" Evie finally looked at me. "Mal's gone back to the Isle."