II

Honnoji Temple

Nobunaga stared at the redhead and then laughed. "You are telling me you are a God?! Haahah! The smoke must've gotten in your head to say such absurd things woman."

Ares narrowed her crimson eyes at the warlord. "This is why I despise you, filthy creatures, you have no manners whatsoever. A common peasant has more manners than you human." She snarled.

Nobunaga's eyebrows twitched at the insult.

"Nobunaga sama!" Ares and Nobunaga looked towards the voice.

"Mitsunari? Why are you here?" Nobunaga said. "Where is Hideyoshi?"

"Hideyoshi-sama sent me ahead. He should be here shortly." Mitsunari looked at the burning temple with a frown. "We received information about an assassination attempt. It appears to have been true. I had my men search the grounds, but, whoever it was had already fled." Mitsunari suddenly realized another person was standing next to his lord. "May I ask who this lady is? I saw the two of you leave the temple together."

Nobunaga looked at the redhead God. "Ares present yourself to my subordinate."

Ares narrowed her crimson eyes at the warlord. "You've got some nerve to order me around filthy human." Ares said coldly, making the two flinch slightly. "Let's get something straight here. I take orders from no one and certainly not from a filthy human who's below one such as I."

"Please, this is on me. It was rude of me not to introduce myself first." Mitsunari quickly cut in, trying to dissipate the tension in the air. "My name is Mitsunari Ishida. I serve at the side of Lord Hideyoshi, Lord Nobunaga's right-hand man."

Ares scoffed. "At least you have more manners than him."

"I don't know who she is, but she woke me up and saw me to safety." Nobunaga said.

"She did! I can't thank you enough for protecting our lord's life."

"Truth to be told, I would've left him there to burn if not for that senile old man." She said bluntly.

Mitsunari sweatdropped.

A sound of thunderclap made her twitch in anger.

"What brought you here tonight?"

"Hmph. I was banished out of Olympus after an argument with that senile old man."

Another lightning struck at the nickname.

"So much lightning tonight." Nobunaga said as he looked at the clear night sky.

"Olympus? Where is that?" Mitsunari said, confused.

"That is of no concern to you, human." Ares snarled.

"S-Sorry! But what brought you here tonight? You don't appear to be a nun, and your outfits are unusual. Are you from abroad? Especially considering you're wearing battle armor."

"My name is Ares, Goddess of War and daughter of Zeus," Ares said as she smiled bloodthirstily, her crimson eyes glowing bright red once more.

"She's a storyteller too. Although I've never heard such an absurd tale!" Nobunaga said, amused.

"You poor girl, the smoke from the fire was very disorientating, I'm sure." Mitsunari said.

"You know, you two are starting to piss me off." Ares said while gritting her teeth in anger.

"Sit down here. I'll get someone to give you a change of clothes."

"Let me be clear. I do not need human clothing. My own clothing is fine as it is. If you keep on pestering me, I'll kill you."