Part 2

"After all, I like you!"

Stupid, dumb, idiotic Tanjirou! Curse his words, curse his mouth, and curse that innocent smile that makes you want to hold him like a puppy!

Zenitsu always had a soft spot for Tanjirou, who doesn't? It was a fact that the raven-haired boy is a very likable guy, too likable. Though, it was that fact that made Zenitsu churn at the thought of liking him romantically. Why would a guy like Tanjirou go out with a meek crybaby? The blonde sighed as he poured some tea into a teacup.

It was probably a couple of hours after noon, and the sun signs for a hot day. 'I should get some mochi for him...' Zenitsu thought to himself. He stood up and put a handful of mochi onto a plate, then walked over to a pot to make some miso soup.

He picked up a note near the pot from Aoi. It detailed how to make a proper bowl of miso soup. He started pouring water to the pot then boiled it before putting some ingredients into it and stirring. Waiting for the miso soup to boil, he cut some pieces of watermelon, and set up a nice unagi (he made it himself!) and rice. After finishing the miso soup, he gathered the food into a nice dish set. He picked it up and walked towards Tanjirou's room. As he paced through the hallway, he brainstormed on how to approach Tanjirou.

He stopped in front of the shoji screen and sighed. Tanjirou wouldn't think much about what he said, would he? Zenitsu let out an "Excuse me!" before sliding the door open. Tanjirou was laying on the bed as he should be, fast asleep. Did Zenitsu take too long? Zenitsu smiled looking at the snoring teen. He placed the dishes near a nightstand.

"Hey sleepyhead, wake up," Zenitsu whispered softly to his ear, "Time to eat. It's noon."

Tanjirou didn't respond at first, inciting a slight panic from the smaller boy, but eventually turned his body around to face Zenitsu. "I'm... awake now," He murmured sweetly, his eyes still half-closed and his face still half-asleep.

Zenitsu giggled at the sound of Tanjirou's voice. How gentle his voice is, gentle enough to melt him into pieces. Tanjirou really was Zenitsu's muse. "Today's menu is unagi and mochi, I hope you like it," He gestured to the dish set, still speaking with a low voice.

"I love unagi," Tanjirou smiled, his hand reached out to something. Zenitsu thought he was trying to get the chopsticks but Tanjirou instead stroked Zenitsu's cheek. "I love it."

'What!' Is this guy flirting with me?!" Zenitsu thought to himself as he felt his face burning up. How could a guy be this cute? "H-hey, here I'll place the dishes closer to you-" Zenitsu tried to change the subject.

Tanjirou eyed the set of meal suspiciously. "Sorry. I don't think I can lift this," Tanjirou confessed a bit shyly, embarrassed by his inability to do mundane things.

"Oh, it's fine I'll just place it her-"

"Can you feed me, Zenitsu?"

Zenitsu didn't know how to respond. His mouth agape with shock and he blushed at the thought of feeding Tanjirou. He stumbled a bit on his tongue, not knowing what to say. He held some chopsticks and picked up an unagi, then stopped it in front of Tanjirou's face. Swallowing all his fear, he said two words:

"S-s-say, uh, aaaah."

...

A moment of silence passed between the two of them. Tanjirou coughed at the pause, his face redder than usual. Annoyed and embarrassed, Zenitsu pulled back the unagi and tried to hide his face with his free hand. But he took back his decision and held the unagi up Tanjirou's face again.

"Zenitsu... W-what are you doing...?" Tanjirou broke the awkward silence with a frankly stupid question.

"What... what am I doing? I'm- I'm feeding you, you dolt!" Zenitsu yelled, causing the raven-haired boy to recoil in shock.

Instead of laughing at him, Tanjirou instead smiled at Zenitsu's considerateness. Though, Tanjirou couldn't hold back a laugh and giggled a bit.

"Alright. Aaaah."

Zenitsu placed the unagi into Tanjirou's mouth. Tanjirou crunched the texture of the eel, it was a bit sweeter than he expected and softer than it looked. It reminded Tanjirou of Zenitsu. Realizing this Tanjirou grinned at the confused and flustered blonde.

"It's delicious. The most delicious thing I've ever tasted."

That statement made Zenitsu beam, though he won't admit it. Tanjirou found that adorable. Zenitsu continued to feed Tanjirou until the dish set was completely empty. It took hours of "Say aah" and "aaah" because Zenitsu still couldn't get used to saying it, causing Tanjirou to tease him a little.

Zenitsu placed the empty dish set on the nightstand and sat down near Tanjirou. They exchanged a lot of stories about each other. A lot of funny stories, sad stories, weird stories. In the end all of those ended in laughter. Zenitsu did almost all the talking though since Tanjirou was still sick and immobile, so he merely just listened.

This went on until midnight, until Tanjirou fell asleep listening to Zenitsu's soothing voice.

________________________________
author's note :
this is longer than the previous chapter bc i felt like it. i can't say when the next chapter will come out, maybe tomorrow maybe next decade, who knows? also my fav character is zenitsu jsyk