o1

"I'll be going now. You sure you wanna do it?"

Jungkook turned to his hyung who's hand was wrapped around the door handle. His face reflected uncertainty to leave a teenager to do the night shift in his place.

"I'll be fine hyung. Say hi to Jennie for me," The younger smiled reassuringly. He was currently crouching beside one of the compartments to pick out the expired packets of soap.

The older man smiled back with that of appreciation before exiting the convenience store. But before he could've take another step outside, he paused and turned around.

"Hey Jungkook?"

"Yeah?"

"Be careful of all the horny alphas out there okay? Especially the drunk ones at this time."

Jungkook just laughed. "Yes hyung. Go, or else you're gonna miss your daughter's birthday."

The 40 year old frowned. "Just-just be careful okay? It can be dangerous at night."

Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Yes, I'll be careful. Now go."

The man just looked and started to retreat from the door. "I'm just gonna call Jennie, I know she will understand-"

"Hyung, go,"

His hyung let out a dejected sigh. "Fine, I'll go. Call me when you get home okay?"

"Kay," Jungkook replied as he returned to his work. He heard his boss close the door behind him before his footsteps disappeared into the night.

Jungkook smiled to himself. He has been doing a part time job in this store for about a year now and the owner had grown a fatherly attitude towards him.

It was his daughter's sixteenth birthday and the girl had begged her father to leave work early to celebrate it with her.

The omega checked the clock hanging from the wall. He had to stay for two more hours and he could finally go home to do his homework. He had a few more months until high school graduation and Jungkook couldn't be more scared. Yes, Jungkook was eighteen and already lived alone but after high school mean adulthood. And Jungkook didn't know whether he was ready for that or not.

Putting up the last few boxes in place, Jungkook heaved out a sigh. Two hours goes by quite quickly when you keep yourself busy. He grabbed his sling and walked out of the store before locking it up. He looked up at the starry sky and exhaled. The visible puffs of smoke from his nose indicated the coming of winter

Junghyun who always had barbeque with his family at weekends. Lisa, the kind flourist who always tucked a flower behind Jungkook's ear for free, telling him that he was a very pretty omega; making Jungkook's cheek redden before he could even whisper small thank
you'. Then there was also the intimidating biker with tattoos, Yongguk-who had a goldfish named Tiger.