~1~

It was dark-ish outside by now. Blue shades still peeked over the low horizons. The field was covered from one end to the other with lavender, almost in the center of the field laid a teen boy, blasting music in his earbuds, and staring at the stars. He was still outside, he didn't want to go back to his dad, to his 'home'. This boy was River. He enjoys staying out and away from home, staying up, staring at the stars, smelling lavender and crushing on a cute boy in his class. Yes, River is gay and here is his story.

    Yet again, it was late and I was laying in the field and the sun was leaving its last smear of light on the opal blue sky. All I want want by Kodaline was blaring through my small earbuds shoved recklessly into my ears. The tall lavender stalks were flattened by me, laying in the field. I heard the police sirens and saw that as my cue to get back home. I got to the edge of the field where the police car was park, sirens going off, but no lights aside from headlights on. The cops name was Chris Tachie, He let me call him Mr. Tac as this happened often.
"Don't worry Tac, Im heading home... cya tommorow."
He simply nodded and tilted his hat, got into his car and turned off the sirens. Tac rolled down his window and cleared his throat.
"Hey, River," I stoped and turned to the car.
"Yes sir?"
"Do you need a ride home, is your dad gonna be mad?"
"Nah, but thanks for worrying officer"
He nodded once again and drove off in his quite car.
     I walked on the thin sidewalks all the way home, taking as long as I could to get home. Maybe 20 minutes later I reached my front porch and slowly tried to open the door. It hitched and lossened, giving way to my grip and the door slowly pulled away from from the frame with a gently hissing sound. I assume my dad was downstairs in his room, if not, up in my room, waiting for me to enter so he could do god knows what to me. I was careful walking on the kitchen floor because  you can hear people upstairs when your downstairs. I reached the stairs and tiptoed up and reached my room, slowly opening the door.

     The lights are off and my small room was lit mostly by a small stream of moonlight, peeking through the curtains. I sighed with relief and walked to my window in the dark, and pulled the curtains back to reveal a large, full moon, shining bright onto my floor and foot of my bed. I pulled off my shirt and slipped off my jeans, stepping into a much cozier pair of black sweatpants. I opened my drawer and pulled out some weed and rolled it in a page of the bible the first page of the book of john 1 the one about how people are basically sworn to lie. I pulled out my lighter and lit an end. I took  long drag while I opened the window and leaned out, the blunt between my index and middle finger.

     I coughed gently and eventually i melted into a high that was just the same as every other time. As i finished off my blunt i pulled out my phone, recorded some of my last hits and sent it to Atlas and Brooklyn who both must have been asleep. I put my phone to my bedside on the charger and curled up under my blankets, pulling my comforter up to just under my nose and closing my eyes, passing out almost emediatly.

    I woke up to my alarm blaring for the 3rd time before sitting up and turning it off. I picked up a shirt from off my floor and slipped it on. A tight, black, long sleeve with some red highlights. I took of my sweatpants and slipped into some black skinny jeans with double busted knees exposing my pale skin. I put on some black converse and headed down stairs to my head, holding his head in frustration and pain because of the hangover he had last night. I nodded to him and he waved back, with a fake, painful smile plastered on his face. I grabbed some bread and my duffle bag and silently headed out the door.

     I walked on rather large sidewalks, sometimes a kid on a bike would zoom past me untill eventually i heard the gentle padding of soft soled shoes jogging to my side. I turned back to see it was Atlas. I stopped for a second as he caught his breath. Atlas looked up at me, still heaving, he looked into my eyes and made a sorta short humming sound. Digging through his bag he pulled out some eyedrops, handing them to me.
"I still look high?,... really?"
Atlas nodded and I shook my head and giggled gently while applying some drops in my eye and handing them back to him, rubbing my eyes, massaging the bags under my eyes.

"Hows your morning so far River?, Well aside from the buzz?"
I giggled gently and we both started to head to school together
"I mean, i could be a millionaire, but, its okay i guess, ...you?"
He smiled and went on about how he made his little sister pancakes and suprise her with them. Enjoying the smile on her face. I enjoyed the smile on his face, and he enjoyed my smile. I felt guilty for ever hurting myself.