Chapter 1-Leaving Home

"Dad, don't leave me..." I cried, waves of tears flowing down my cheeks as I stared at my father who I had just watched be defeated by the human hero just minutes ago.

"Stop crying," My father, the demon general Lucifer grunted, "it makes you look... so much weaker than you are..." Lucifer coughed before trying to get out a few more words. "Satan will... take... care of you..."

His voice faded and he closed his eyes. I screamed, more and more tears spilling out of my eyes as I sat there for another moment before standing up on my wobbly legs and spreading my wings to fly back to the Devil's castle. The flight that I would usually enjoy after going outside of the castle to explore the fields and forest that were all over Ente Isla felt dull and more tiring than usual.

I ended up taking a break in a small field of flowers that I often stopped at when I was mad at my dad or someone else at the castle or when I felt miserable about something I did to make someone upset. Usually, seeing all the different types of pretty flowers helped cheer me up. But today, it seemed as though the flowers didn't have the same look that they usually had. After calming down to the point were I wasn't screaming and my tears weren't as frequent as before, I pick a few different flowers that were around were around me and stood up before spreading my wings again and continuing to head back to the Devil's castle.

The rest of the way to the castle didn't feel as long as I thought it would. The field of flowers that I stopped at wasn't very far away from the castle and I felt a little bit better after sitting in the field for a while and trying to calm myself down a bit.

I quietly sobbed as I made my way through the castle to the thrown room where Satan was at, sitting in his large throne as usual. He looked so calm sitting there like nothing was really happening even though his people were dying left and right while they were fighting to take over all of Ente Isla.

I didn't get it, he was the one who started this whole war, so why did he act like he doesn't care how badly it would effect everyone, both humans and demons alike. If I was the ruler, I would try to make a deal with the humans so we could share the land instead of trying to destroy them. I never liked violence, and I never will no matter how much Satan and the other demons try to get me to.

I once over heard my father talking to Satan about how I wasn't like the other demons because of who my mother was, but I've never meet my mom and when I asked my dad about it, he would just avoid the question. So I don't really get why he would think that.

"Kamiki, you are crying. What has happened?" Satan asked me when I was in front of him.

I stared down at the floor and tried my best to keep more tears from flowing out of my eyes as I recalled what happened to my dad. "Dad, h-he was, the hu-human, the hero... k-killed..." the tears started falling down my face again, "The hero killed him."

I fell to my knees and let myself cry as Satan got up from his throne and patted my head as he walked passed me before calling Alciel, another one of his generals that was like Satan's right hand man. I heard footsteps and could barely make out their conversation before being picked up by Alciel and carried to my room.

"It's all because of this war..." I mumbled sadly as I cried myself to sleep that night. It was hard and my mind kept reminding me of my dad dying in front of me.

It was the same for the next few nights. Soon, it was becoming a little bit easier for me to sleep, but I never left my room. Alciel brought me food when it was time for lunch or dinner, trying to make me feel better by saying that my father's sacrifice was not in vain and helped work toward a greater cause. It only made me feel worse about the whole thing. Nothing helped, no matter how hard anyone tried, they couldn't help me. The other demons just didn't understand what I was going through.

* * *

About a month had passed. I still didn't go out of my room, but I was getting over it. I had decided the night before that I would step out of my room and roam around the castle.

The day was mostly uneventful, it seemed as though the castle had been abandoned. But it was probably because I was trying to avoid everyone. I was pretty sure that almost everyone still thought that I was in my room.

The end of the day was drawing near, it was already dark outside when I thought I heard something from outside. At first I thought it was just my imagination, but when I heard it again, I knew something wasn't right. I started to walk toward one of the back entrances and about half way there, I heard the sound again. I jumped, and almost screamed. It was a lot louder and clearer than the first two times. I felt like it came out of no were, but either way, I knew what it was now. There was someone fighting just outside the castle.

I turned around and headed straight to the throne room. If the humans took over the castle then it would be best for me to stay with Satan. He would be able to protect me better than anyone and if he ended up being killed, I could just run away.

I made it to the throne room to see Satan standing up and seemingly on high alert. I ran up to him, trying to do my best to ignore the loud noises coming from outside.

"I-I'm scared." I cried in front of the demon king. "Wh-what's going t-to happen to us?"

Satan looked down at me, "We'll be fine, I'll get rid of the humans."

He sounded so calm and confident. It was almost comforting, knowing there was someone so sure that we'd be fine. That we'd win this horrible war Satan had started.

That comforting thought was gone almost immediately after it had appeared.

Satan shoved me behind him as a large gust of wind hit him. He easily deflected it and looked toward it's source. The humans were inside the castle.

I couldn't believe it. Coming out of my room today was a terrible idea. I thought to myself as I watched a fight break out in front of me with the human hero that had killed my father and three other humans. Everything was happening so quickly. A time spell was cast by two of the human on Satan before the hero cut off one of his horns. It flew into the air and shattered when it hit the ground in front of me. My eyes got wider, more tears fell from my eyes.I stared at the shattered pieces with wide eyes. There's no way that could be real... right?

"Sire!" I saw Alciel appear in front of me out of no where. "Out of my way!" He used his magic to send a large gust of wind at the humans, knocking then backwards, before floating down to the floor next to Satan. "I am sorry, Sire. The human forces are steadily overcoming my army. It's only a matter of time before this castle falls."

My eyes widened, No way... There's no way. H-how could this happen.

"I never dreamed a single human 'hero' could force us into such a dire situation." Satan stated.

"Sire, I suggest we withdraw for now and regroup." Alciel started before the human hero charged for Satan with her sword aimed for his chest.

Satan flew backwards just before the sword pierced his skin and busted threw the castle wall.

"Hear me, Humans! I shall leave Ente Isla in your hands for now! But know this," Satan yelled from outside the castle as a gate slowly opened behind him, "I shall return to kill you and take over all of Ente Isla!"

Alciel picked me up from were I was sitting on the floor and followed Satan threw the gate to the unknown world on the other side of it.

-Author Note-

Hey, I started a new story! If you have any suggestion, things you want to see in this story, or any corrections with spelling and grammar please feel free to tell me I would appreciate it a lot.

I will post the next chapter in the next two weeks!

-Starlight