The Darkness In I -Prologue-

So guys, you're probably what happened to Laurie? Well, be prepared for the second installment of The Academy series. This is the second book, by the way ;)

Yes, you'll have to wait a little until you properly get the nub and gist of what exactly happened to Laurie, but here's the prologue.

Vote, comment and ENJOY

xx erin;

Prologue

---

"...a rose of any other name would smell as sweet..."

- Juliet Capulet, Romeo and Juliet, Shakespeare

"Traitor,"

I screamed the word and it whipped into the howling winds above me. It howled, as I had howled, and seemed to dance there. Refusing to go. Refusing to let me forget for one single second.

But he simply smiled, my words just bouncing off his exterior. A rhyme came to mind, 'I'm Rubber and you are Glue. Anything bad you say bounces off me and sticks to you,'.

"That's funny Laurie, that really is," he replied. I flinched at the way he said it, how casual he said it. It bit into me, hard. I wanted to scream.

"You're a traitor!"

"You're no better," he replied sharply. I gasped, not wanting to see the image of Kane in my mind. When ever I closed my eyes it burned into my vision. The horror, the mayhem. The chaos.

"I-I-" I stuttered. I had left him. I had not believed him. And now... now it was too late.

"It's all your fault Laurie,"

"No it isn't..."

"Yes, Laurie, yes it is," he snarled this, his lip curling upwards. I flinched, like a dagger through the chest.

"I love you,"

My voice wobbled. The wind on the grounds took the small bit of breathe I had away from the three words. But he'd heard it. His face paled, he turned away.

He shook his head.

"And you killed that," I added, feeling my throat close over. I won't cry, I will not cry.

"I can't help that Laurie..."

"You can!" I screamed again, beginning to get hysterical.

"No Laurie, no I can't,"

He reached into his pocket, and took out the little heart shaped dart. I shivered, as he raised itin frontof him. His eyes were steely grey, his mouth emotionless.

He flicked the dart, and I felt a sudden and sharp pain. Screaming, I fell to the grassy floor. My vision darkened. I couldn't see. The pain in my chest was unbearable.

And then I felt it. It was like something was ripping from me, something that had to stay. Something that I couldn't part with. Something that would kill me.

He'd already stolen my heart, and in that split second, I realised he was stealing my soul.