Chapter 16: The Taste of Blood

{Before we begin this chapter, I'd like to ask you all a favor. From now on, if you see a grammar mistake or misspelling, please leave a comment and correct me, so I can go back and fix it. Doing that one little thing will help me tremendously! Thank you all and enjoy!}

~Taylor's POV~

Sophia, Penny, Josh, Tanner, and I all sat in the hospital room as we waited for Maggie to wake up. I was continuously refreshing my messages to see if [Y/n] had responded. I sighed in defeat. "Should I go check on [Y/n]? She isn't answering any of my messages or calls." I suggested. They all looked at me. "I mean, I want to be here for Maggie when she wakes up, but I want to make sure [Y/n]'s alright. Didn't Sophia say she walked home?" I added as I looked at Sophia, who was sleeping soundly in her seat. 

"I'll go check on her. I haven't seen her in a while anyways." Tanner says as he nudges himself off of the wall that he had been leaning on. "I'll text you when I get to her." He says reassuringly and leaves the room. 

~Tanner's POV~

I arrived at [Y/n]'s house and knocked on the door. "[Y/n], you in there?" I called out but received no answer. I tried opening the door, but it was locked. I walked to her porch swing and rubbed my hand below it. She always kept her spare key taped to the bottom of it. Once my hand rubbed against it, I grabbed it and pulled it from the swing. After unlocking the door, I quietly shut it behind me and looked around. Where was she? I peered upstairs and pondered if she was in her bedroom. She couldn't be asleep, [Y/n] was an insomniac.

Halfway up the stairs, I heard a thump come from her bedroom. Yep, she's definitely in there. Knowing her clumsy self, she probably tripped over something or dropped her phone. I'm surprised her phone even works anymore after all the times she's dropped it. I silently chuckled at the thought. I walked up to her bedroom door and placed my ear against it. I heard shuffling and rough breathing, then a groan. I blushed. Oh...

I spun on my heels to leave but stopped. Maybe I should knock just to be sure...? I turned back around and knocked on the door. "[Y/n]? Uh, it's Tanner. I just came by to check up on you. You haven't been answering your phone and everyone's worried." I explained and listened for a response. There was a long pause. "Um, if you're busy I can go...." I added. There was still no response. Okay, now I'm kind of worried. It is was her and Kyle fooling around in there, they would've at least responded.

I tried to twist the knob, but the door was locked. "You're scaring me, [Y/n]..." I said. "Can you at least just say something so I know that you're okay?" I asked. I pressed my ear against the door to listen. Who knows, she could be in danger for all I know. I heard quiet muttering for a moment, then it went quiet. I pulled my ear away from the door and stared curiously. As I was about to speak again, she spoke. "Tanner, run!" She cried out but sounded as if she had been muffled. Instantly I went into panic mode and began banging my shoulder against the door, trying my hardest to break the door in.

~[Y/n]'s POV~

I was muffled by his grip against my mouth. He squeezed his knees against my hips, refraining me from moving. He used his free hand to move beneath my sweatshirt and my black T. I blushed and yelled profanities at him, even though he couldn't make them out since I was muffled. I still couldn't see his face because of his hoodie, but I knew he had to be staring back at me intently. I used my hands to hold down the hem of my sweatshirt and black T, in an attempt to block him from moving up my shirt. He fought back and grabbed my wrist, shoving it to the side and placing his leg over it. I hissed in pain from the pressure but continued to fight him. 

He grabbed my other wrist and did the same with his leg. Now I was completely pinned and immobile. All I could do now was wiggle and cry. He moved his hand up my shirt and grabbed the knife. Once he grabbed it, he took the blade and slowly dragged it across my stomach as he pulled it out. I shivered as he grazed my skin. The knife was a lot sharper than it looked. I could feel blood trickle down my stomach from the scratch he had just made. I groaned and bit his hand. I blushed in complete shock as he moaned afterward. What the f*ck!? What this all just some huge turn on for him!? Once the knife was removed from my shirt, he drew a smile on my face with the blood he received from my stomach.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door causing me and Jeff to both freeze and fall silent. "[Y/n]? Uh, it's Tanner. I just came by to check up on you. You haven't been answering your phone and everyone's worried." Came a voice from outside the door. Tanner? Tanner! I began wiggling really fast and shook my head back and forth in hopes of getting free from his grip. Jeff snapped his attention to the door and ignored my attempts to escape. He used his knife and barely pressed the tip into my side as a warning. I whimpered and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Um, if you're busy I can go...." He added. I wanted to scream so badly but knew I had to stay quiet unless I wanted to get cut. The doorknob twisted, but the door remained closed since I had locked it. "You're scaring me, [Y/n]..." Tanner said. "Can you at least just say something so I know that you're okay?" He pleaded. Jeff turned his attention back to me and leaned down close to my ear. "If you scream, I'll kill him." He whispered threateningly. Chills ran down my spine. "Got it?" He asked. I nodded slowly. He seemingly stared down at me, wondering if he should trust my word. "Tell him to go away, I'm not finished with you." He ordered. A tear fell from my eye. What did he mean 'he's not finished with me?' 

He slowly removed his hand from my mouth. I stared at him for a moment. I needed Tanner to get out of here, but I also needed help before he did something horrible to me. My eyes flickered to the door, then back to Jeff. I needed to take the risk. Tanner's smart, he'll run if I tell him to run, won't he? "Tanner, run!" I screamed and was instantly muffled once again. Immediately, Tanner began banging against the door. "Oh-ho, you're so gonna regret that," Jeff growls and stands up. "Jeff, no!" I cried out as I grabbed his arm and held tightly, trying to keep him from getting away. He looked back at me and struggled to rip himself from my grip. He finally got loose and headed to the door. I grabbed his hoodie and yanked it, causing it to reveal his face. 

Jeff looked at me in shock, but soon a wicked grin appeared on his face. He shoved me, causing me to fly backwards onto the bed. He pointed a harsh finger at me. "Stay." He ordered and unlocked the door. Jeff quickly swung it open and Tanner came flying in. Jeff instantly rammed his knife into Tanner's stomach. Tanner gasped in pain and coughed up blood. Jeff grabbed a handful of Tanner's hair and tugged his head back. He ripped the knife from his stomach and placed it against his throat. "Go. To. Sleep." He growled and slit his throat open with one swift movement. "Tanner, no!!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I hopped off the bed. 

Jeff snapped his attention back at me and gave me an evil glare. "I said stay." He repeated as he pointed his bloody knife at me. Tears spilled from my eyes as I watched Tanner's blood spray across the walls and on my ceiling. I cried out as the life began to drain from his eyes. Jeff slammed him against the wall and pressed his knife into his mouth. Slowly, he dragged the knife outward, forcing Tanner's skin to tear and rip from the sharp blade's force. Blood spilled from his cheek and Jeff switched to the other. After repeating his action, I felt sick to my stomach. I turned around and grabbed my pillow. I pressed my face into it and curled into a ball, sobbing as I listened to the blood drip to the floor. 

There was a loud thump, indicating Jeff had dropped his lifeless body. Jeff slowly walked towards me causing me to shake with every step he took. He grabbed the pillow and pulled it from my grasp. He then grabbed a fist full of my hair and forced me to look up at him. I cried as he brought the bloody knife to my mouth. He used his thumb to grab my bottom lip and push it downward, insisting that I open my mouth. I was so weak and broken, I couldn't fight anymore. He opened my mouth and dragged the flat side of the knife against my bottom lip. Warm blood filled my mouth and the crimson taste pierced my tongue. I gagged and spit it out. Jeff chuckled darkly. "Oh come on, this is the best part!" He laughed like a maniac. 

Jeff brought the knife to his own mouth and licked the rest of the blood off. I squeezed my eyes shut in disgust and sobbed. I could feel him getting closer. His breath fanned my face and I shivered in fear. The smell of blood, cigarettes and alcohol lingered the air. "Next time I tell you to do something, I suggest you do it." He said lowly, then walked away. After a few seconds, I slowly opened my eyes and he was gone...