asra x mc (gn) || split (1/2)

before the game began ── ✦

Hearing the cries and coughs of the people made your stomach churn as you watched on. People slowly succumbing to the illness which swept over the nation. The red plague as it was getting called had covered Vesuvia and began to pick at the population with the infestation of red beetles which carried the deadly disease. Your eyes locked onto the familiar fluffy white hair of your dear friend, the pulling to move towards him was so strong but you knew it was no use. He'd leave you as he promised only moments ago.

You two had fought over your places in this city, the plague had consumed so many people and ruined so much. Your family had already been caught by the plague so, you wanted to stay to protect those who were fighting against the illness which was hellbent on killing them. You wanted to find a way out of these dark times but Asra wanted differently. He wanted to run, to escape the plague's clutches which was understandable, however, it didn't settle well with you.

"We can't just leave. These people need our help!" You screeched at your friend who let out an annoyed sigh. "We can't stay here! We have to leave if we want to be safe!" He retorted with the same attitude you had pushed onto him, your eyes widened at his words. Did he not care? No. That's not the Asra you know, he would care, wouldn't he?

"We can't just leave everyone to suffer!" Your voice grew louder as your frustration with your dear friend grew. Asra let out an annoyed mumble which you couldn't understand. Your brows furrowed at Asra's childish attitude you opened your mouth to speak but he stopped you, "Fine, stay here if you want" His tone was bitter and his eyes locked onto yours, only a slight change passed through his violet gaze, slightly soft but yet still very bitter. "But I am not staying here" with that, he left and did not look back once to face you.

You saw his white hair fade into the distance and your heart felt heavy with the bubbling frustration and now, sadness. You had just lost one of your dearest friends, no, you lost the one you loved the most and nothing you could do would get him back. The bottled-up pain erupted as tears began to flow from your eyes, slowly drifting down your cheeks.

Even though you knew he wouldn't come back, you still wished that one day you would meet again.

-----------------------------------------------

Words: 440

Done! I hope you enjoyed this little story. What a way to start off this book huh? Pulling at some heartstrings (hopefully).

I'll see you in the next story! Remember the request page is always open. -shelteredlies