Alpha Battles

It was the finale of the Alpha Battles, a reality television show where 6 female and 6 male alpha wolves are put through rigorous courses, test, and obstacles to become the house alpha. The final two were Alaster and Ronove. No one in the nation understood how Ronove had made it to the finale, since the only personality he had shown the whole season was scared and shy of absolutely everything and everybody, not near the ideal traits of an alpha.

The finale was a combination of an obstacle course, brain game, and a final battle at the end of it. Both males looked at the other before staring straight ahead, waiting for the horn to signify the start of the race.

BEEP BEEP

Ronove jumped before starting to sprint through the course, rarely looking over to see Alaster's position whether in front or behind him. The camera followed both males as they jumped, ducked, crawled, and simply avoided all obstacles that were being thrown at them. The double-headed howler had gained a lead ahead of the apprehensive one, the latter slipping onto the brain game platform.

Ronove's glow had slightly dimmed as he saw Alaster with a couple of pieces already on the board. Looking down at the scattered pieces in front of him, the glowing howler quickly flipped all the pieces and began piecing them together in his mind. He was never a fighting or athletic type of howler, but he did enjoy reading and solving puzzles as he grew up. Quicker than the howler across the way, Ronove had placed all the pieces onto the board correctly and the outline had started glowing a bright green.

Alaster growled at the other alpha as he couldn't figure out the puzzle himself. The omega like alpha whimpered as he ran away from the other alpha, who had just completed his own puzzle and was steadily catching up. The final obstacle was the eliminated contestants throwing dodgeballs at the finalist as they ran across a thin platform. Both finalists struggle as they balance and dodge.

"Would you look at this! Alaster and Ronove are neck-to-neck! Who will win? Brains or brawn?" The announcer yelled over the speaker to the crowd who watched the finale live. Screams were heard from the crowd as both finalists were approaching the finish line. The announcer was silent for a second, before screaming and saying something no one would think would be said.

"WELL, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! RONOVE PASSED THE FINISH LINE BEFORE ALASTER! ALASTER HAS LOST THE ALPHA BATTLES! I never thought I would say that." The announcer and host, Tiffany Bailey, made her way down to the winner's platform.

"Well Ronove, how do you feel about this win? You started this season as a nobody, went through the season as a fearful player, and then you beat the alpha everyone was certain would win." Tiffany flipped her tricolor hair behind her shoulder and stood to wait for an answer.

"Well, I definitely didn't think I would win, but it really does something to boost a person's self-esteem when they take over the hotshot of the show!" Ronove smiled and laughed as he glanced over at Alaster, the runner up extremely upset over his loss. The double-headed howler growled in the direction of the glowing howler, his tails swishing angrily behind him.

Tiffany smiles at Ronove before speaking, gaining his attention once more, "Well, I'd love to talk to you more about how you beat *the* Alaster, but we have run out of time for this finale episode of Alpha Battles! The last show of this season will be next Thursday at 8/7 central. We will be interviewing every contestant from this season! We will be looking forward to seeing everyone, next week on...ALPHA BATTLES!"