The Beginning of a Long Night

Start from the beginning

"Well sit down! We have quite a long night ahead of us!"

Hesitantly, he moved and sat down, his back still straight contrasting Imyo's rather laidback and whimsical sitting. Only then did (y/n) notice the matchlock spear hung on the wall behind her back. A cold shiver ran on his back, cautious as to what may happen next.

She began to pour on both cups, letting a clear liquid fill it. She pushed the cup towards (y/n) and with a smile offered it to him.

"Go on drink! It's one of my favorites" she said as she gulped her own down.

Meanwhile, (y/n) simply stared at the cup, his mind running through all possible scenarios. For now, one question ran through his mind...

"Pft, don't worry will ya" Imyo took (y/n)'s cup and sipped on it, gulping on it only once "The cup itself isn't poisoned. I did say I wanted some company tonight" she placed it down on the table once again and pushed it back to him "Like I said, I don't know what I'll do if I'm not in a good mood"

'Right...'

Upon hearing that, (y/n) made up his mind and remembered why he was here in the first place.

'Whatever it takes...'

Resolving himself, he took the cup and gulped down all of its contents. It first gave a light sweetness like fruit which exploded each time the liquid touched his tongue only for the bitterness to slowly settle in. It wasn't as bad as (y/n) thought it would...

"Great! Like it? Made it myself y'know..."

When he gulped it down he could feel the warmth spread through his body and his head felt a bit lighter. Just when he thought the warmth had settled in his body, it continued to grow...

"What did you-" he tried to stand, but the dizziness put him off balance. (y/n) had to lean on the wall just to keep himself upright. It was only then did he notice how sensitive he had become, each touch of his skin was like electric...

"Well? Do you like it? Made it with my semblance of course!" she explained as she stood, a fox slowly walking towards her prey "My semblance lets me change any liquid I touch into poison. Well it's much more complicated than that but I'll have to mention chemistry and who wants to hear all of that"

She leaned in close to him, her arm over his shoulder. They could feel and hear each other's breath at this distance.

"Let's me pretty much set out the conditions of the poison as well! What it'll do, when, who... heh, pretty cool I must say. You really should've just drunk it way before I touched it!" she leaned closer, their lips almost touching. It was taking (y/n) everything not to move too much.

He breathed hard and his fists were balled up, all of his muscles were so tense...

"But you know what condition I added on your drink? Hehe, well first the obvious aphrodisiac and alcohol. But then, it will only work on... faunus"

Upon hearing that, dread had set upon him. He didn't know what to do anymore, the poison and his known secret put him on a panic.

"Hehe! So I was right!" she brushed her tail on his face and it felt like (y/n) would simply melt on the soft fur as it ran through his skin.

"Ah! NO! S-Stop it!" he tried pushing her away but he felt too weak on his limbs.

"How about I just make a proposition?" she leaned close to his ear, her breath tickling him "You leave your mistress, and join me" she whispered "Here, you don't need to hide anymore, I'll accept who you are. Just choose me over her. Let me be your mistress"

(y/n) struggled as he tried to clear his thoughts while instinct tried to overrun his head. He heard what Imyo had just said and he could understand each word of it. And his head screamed the answer he dreaded. He closed his eyes and tried to focus... all he needed was one clear thought and simply hang unto it...

A memory...

There was a girl with snow white hair, skin smooth as porcelain, and her lips red like roses. Her hand reached out towards him... he remembered orders that he refused... and blood...

A distant memory...

It was all he needed.

He raised his head, his mouth wide opened as he breathed as deeply as he could as if he was getting ready to scream. Then, he slammed his mouth shut biting his own lip, letting a small stream of blood flow out...

"No..." he said like a whisper as he stared back against the predator in front of him "I vowed to serve Winter and protect her, whatever it takes. I will not hurt her... I will not betray her like this"

Upon hearing this, Imyo stepped back, a shocked look on her face. She stared on at wonder at (y/n) before her face turned to a childlike smile "Ahahahaha! Splendid!" she howled laughing.

(y/n) continued to pant, the poison still working...

"Splendid loyalty! AHAHAHA!" she grabbed his collar before speaking again "Ahhhh, I'm going to love breaking you even more!"

The moment she said that, she slammed her lips on (y/n)'s.

When he felt the soft lips on his own, his mind became clear and only one thing was on it.

'Rage'

He pushed her away, his cards blasting her off. It took all his strength just to be able to push her away and it didn't even feel like he has done much damage.

"You dare-"

"Hey now!" without even noticing it, Imyo had closed the gap (y/n) had made with all his strength. A single sharp finger nail was lightly tapping on his face "Is that anyway to treat the one who just gave you the antidote?"

"I-"

It was only then did (y/n) felt like usual, albeit enraged. His eyes weren't clouded and he could feel his body to be normal...

"Just sit down or else I might have to defend myself" just as she said that, she sat down as well, fixing her clothes so that it covered her more properly and make her appear much more lady-like. Despite seeming more proper, her eyes didn't change, it was still that of a predator...

"Why did you do that?"

"I wanted to check your loyalty. I wouldn't want to partner up with a company whose employees would gladly betray them just for one night with a woman" she poured herself another glass and gulped it down "I would've killed you in the morning if you said yes anyway... I love men who are loyal"

"Just like that? You drugged me!"

"Poisoned to be exact. And hey, you chose the possibility of being poisoned over harm coming to the Schnee's way. You knew it could happen"

"How do I know you haven't poisoned them?"

"Even if you did, what can you do?"

"I really have no choice huh?"

"Oh relax will ya?! I'm not a bad guy! I didn't touch anything they've drunk and I swear on my position as the head of this clan, I have yet to poison them so don't force my hand. I just want some company through the night..."

(y/n) settled, putting his trust on her pride. If one thing was clear, it was that she was a devoted leader, hoping to find a good and trustworthy company that she could partner up with.

"So I just... stick with you through the night? And you promise no harm will come to them if I comply?"

"Yup! Now sit down! We have a lot to talk about..."

And like that, (y/n) sat down in front if Imyo who had taken a new and fresh bottle. He was making sure she didn't touch the liquid itself...

She poured for both of them and raised her cup to which (y/n) followed.

"Heh... to the start of the night" and they toasted to the beginning of one long night...