Resurrection

"Ah!!" Ju Mi cried and abruptly pulled back her hands; scattering across the room while stuttering incoherent sounds, Ju Mi pointed a shaky finger towards Chen Lu's body and her face became ashen.

Because of Ju Mi's sudden cry, Ju Lo too also instinctively jolted free of the ends of the white sheet that she was holding. Quickly placing her hands over her racing heart, Ju Lo quickly moved away from the lifeless body and turned to face Ju Mi.

Having done a bunch of unjust things to Chen Lu and being partly responsible for her death, even though she pretended to act tough, Ju Lo already felt anxious being near Chen Lu's body. So, when Ju Mi suddenly yelped, Ju Lo's already fearful heart dropped to her feet and split open. She nearly had a heart attack; it was only when she recalled Madame Gong's words that ghosts do not exist, that she was able to calm down a bit and curse at Ju Mi. "Wench! Are you asking for a beating?! How dare you scare me!" Ju Lo turned on her heel and stomped over to Ju Mi.

But to her surprised, before Ju Lo could even take one step forward, Ju Mi screamed and scatteringly pushed her way out of the dimly lit room.

Watching Ju Mi hurry away, Ju Lo felt her brow twitched and her lips pulled into a deep frown. "Bitch. Just watch! I'll make sure to inform Madame Gong that you refuse to complete her order!! Don't think that you can run away from my foot." Ju Lo cursed as she turned back towards the body with a huff. But just as Ju Lo snapped her head up, to her extreme shock, the body that was lying down before was now sitting on the bed with a very cold expression on her face.

Sucking in a sharp gulp of air, Ju Lo wanted to scream. But, just as Ju Lo opened her mouth, Chen Lu had already somehow appeared in front of her with a swoosh of bone chilling air.

Given that Ju Lo was a good three meters away from the bed where Chen Lu was lying down before, but yet, Chen Lu had somehow appeared in front of her in the blink of an eye, Ju Lo's legs felt weak and her body slumped downwards.

At this moment, Ju Lo's logical mind continuously replayed Madame Gong's words that there are no such things as vengeful ghosts – if there was such a thing, then there would not be so many free criminals in the world, but unlike before, this time it did not seem to help Ju Lo recover. Staring at Chen Lu's pale and hollowed appearance and seeing the sharp fit of malice in Chen Lu's dark eyes, Ju Lo felt terror continuously shake her body.

"Pl-Pl-Please, I-"

Having confirmed repeatedly that Chen Lu had indeed passed, Ju Lo was certain that the thing in front of her could not be human, and when memories of Chen Lu's cold and breathless body popped into her mind, Ju Lo became even more petrified. While she stared at Chen Lu's sharp gaze, Ju Lo felt a lump in her throat and her stomach churned – she knew firsthand all the horrible things that she had done to Chen Lu. Ju Lo wanted to beg for mercy and forgiveness, but just as Ju Lo began stuttering, Chen Lu swiftly wrapped her cold, long, and bony fingers around Ju Lo's neck and lifted her into the air.

Chen Lu's bony finger dug deeper and deeper into Ju Lo's chubby flesh and hot warm fluid began seeping from under the cold fingers down Ju Lo's neck. Ju Lo's already panic-stricken eyes widened even more. She frantically choked out sounds and kicked her feet in midair as tears of fear and regret ran down her face endlessly and blood began to run out from her nose and mouth.

Ju Lo's eyes continue to try to plead with Chen Lu for mercy, but Chen Lu just continued to tighten her grasp.

Once Ju Lo was nearly on her last minute of life, Chen Lu then pulled Ju Lo's limped body closer and curved her pale lips into a sardonic smile.

"Having served Chen Lu for this long, she must greatly miss you, Ju Lo. Although she had only asked of me to help her brother, since she had been such a good girl, I will send you to her as an early present. I'm sure Chen Lu has much to say to you and 'thank you' for! ...Make sure to treat her well, Ju Lo." The cold Chen Lu in front of Ju Lo spoke each word clearly and with much scorn before snapping Ju Lo's neck.

As Ju Lo's head drops down with the harsh snap, the cold woman causally tossed Ju Lo's body on the ground. After a quick glance of the room, the woman then crossed over Ju Lo's dead body, towards a modest brown vanity table. Searching through the drawers and cabinets on the sides of the vanity table with her clean hand, the cold woman found a few jars of facial powder, lip stains, blush, a few combs, and a few modest and plain hair pieces.

"I guess I should not have expected too much from a Miss that was killed by her household." The cold woman pursed her lips as she examined a plain copper-colored hair pin with an uninterested expression.

A/N: If you enjoyed the story and want to help sponsor a chapter >>>> https://ko-fi.com/serendipitystories

For every $30 raised, an additional chapter will be posted. Up to two additional chapters per a week.