Chapter 10

“What an ass” you mumbled as you drove to Niall’s flat. When you got there you saw the delivery car parked outside. You passed the delivery man as you reached Niall’s door.

“Perfect timing!” Niall greeted you as he opened the door. He swung the door entirely open to let you in. “Smells so good!” you smiled as you put your bag down on the counter.  

“Go to the living room we can watch tv while we eat! What do you want to drink?” Niall asked as he rambled through the fridge.

“If you have a beer I could really use one right now” you yelled back as you looked through the packages of food.

Niall came back with two beers and plotted himself next to you.  “So what took you so long? For a minute I thought you were going to stand me up” he slightly laughed.

You sighed annoyed and rolled your eyes “It’s all Harry’s fault! He decided to come in late and a bit tipsy because you could smell the alcohol on his breath.

Then he decided to bring his little booty call so we wasted time arguing that she couldn’t stay” “That doesn’t sound like Harry. He would never bring someone to the studio”

“Well ‘Tiff’ must be special” you responded annoyed. Niall giggled a bit “What’s a Tiff?”. You could help but burst into laughter “ It’s that thing Harry has leeching on him”.

Niall laughed from embarrassment “Oh it’s a she! My bad” “I hope he doesn’t act like that again because it was disrespectful to the producers who have been working all day”

“Yeah you’re right! Let’s forget about that and enjoy this wonderful Chinese food” he smiled as he eyed all the food.  “Do you mind if I take my shoes off? These heels been killing me all day” “Sure!” Once you threw them off you grabbed a box of food and chopsticks to start eating.

“You know how to use chopsticks?” “Yeah you want me to teach you?” Niall nodded eagerly. After a few minutes of failed attempts he tossed the chopsticks and got a fork because it was slowing him down.  

You ate and watched the Friends marathon on TV.

…………..

You looked around and didn’t recognize the room. You sat up and looked at your phone and saw you had an hour until you had to be at work. You heard some rumbling in the bathroom so you slightly spoke “Hello?”.

Niall came out of the bathroom “Good morning sleepy head!” he smiled as he finished fixing his sweats. “Niall? What happened last night?”

“You fell asleep on the couch so I didn’t want to wake you so I carefully carried you to my bed so you could be more comfortable”

“Wow I’m so sorry I hope you didn’t mind me taking your bed” “Are you crazy? I slept on the bed also! My bed is too comfortable and I wasn’t going to sleep on the couch” he laughed.  

You smiled because Niall really was carefree. “ Thank you! Can I borrow a sweatshirt? I don’t have time to go back to my flat and make it to work on time” “Sure you can dig through the piles of clothes on the floor or whatever is hanging in the closet”.

You got up and looked through the closet and put on a pull over sweatshirt. “Is that going to go with your heels?” Niall asked as he put his shoes on.

“I have spare shoes in the trunk of my car” .  You went into the bathroom and rinsed your mouth with mouthwash and put your hair in a bun.  

“Can you give me a ride to the studio?” Niall shouted from the kitchen. “Sure but why are you going in so early?” “ Today everyone has to go in, remember?”  You walked into the living room looking for your heels.

“Totally forgot about that! Let’s go I need to pick up food”  Once you got to your car you got your white Converse from the trunk and put them on. You quickly picked up McDonald’s on the way to work.

Once you two entered the room all the boys were already waiting. “Whoa someone looks a bit roughed up” Louis laughed.  

You ignored his comment and placed the food down. “So what did you two do last night?” Zayn laughed . “What makes you think we were together?” you asked.

“Based on the fact that you and Harry have the same sweater on which Niall and Harry got in LA” Zayn smiled. “Plus you two got her together” Liam innocently added.   

You looked over at Harry who seemed to had seen a ghost. He did have the same sweater on . “Well we had a good time last night but not what you all are thinking “ he said. “Right” Louis sarcastically laughed.

Niall didn’t say anything but laugh along with the boys. You sat down and noticed that Harry hadn’t stop looking at you with his blank stare.  His eyes met yours a few times  which made you feel a bit guilty.

Before speaking you cleared your throat “ So where’s Tiff?” you asked annoyed.  Harry was in trance for a few more seconds before he looked down and back at you “Um.. It didn’t work out” he mumbled.

“Why not?” you asked half interested. “She just wasn’t my type of girl” “Didn’t seem like that yesterday when you had her tongue down your throat!” you mumbled.

It seemed like your words had torn him apart because his face seemed to sadden “Umm… excuse me” he said quietly as he got up and walked out of the room.  

You and the boys watched him as he walked out.   The boys looked at each other and your eyes focused on Harry’s back. “Did I say something bad?” you sighed.