Chpt 8: Honey colored Sunset

Info: ( For this or future chapters)
(Y/N) - Your name
(H/C)- Hair color
(F/C) - Favorite color
POV- Point of view

Author note:
It's been quite a while since I've updated, but hey! Better late then never! I finally have some free time to at least make one chapter for you guys! 13 hour band rehearsals are not fun, I'll tell you that. Well, maybe a little fun lol. Enough from this band geek, enjoy the chapter, and also the music I was listening to while writing it!
- Krissy
____________________________________

(Y/N)'s POV:
Snufkin and I had spent a good chunk of the day relaxing in the butterfly infested fields caked with flowers galore. It was nice having Snufkin around, him being so happy-go-lucky all the time. His voice so deep and smooth...like buttercream-
" (Y/N)!" Snufkin's voice slapped me out of my daze.
" Are you alright ?"
"  Oh, yeah! Mhm, just peachy! " I grinned.
" Well we should head back to Moomin house. It's getting quite late." He looked up at the orange painted sky with a light hint of yellow.
" The sky looks like honey." I say.
" Honey?" Snufkin raises an eyebrow.
" Yeah. Just see how the yellow and orange blend together." I move my hands in different motions as I try to make him see what I'm yammering about.
" I suppose so. Though I wouldn't compare the sky itself to a gooey substance made by the bees." He starts to gather himself back on his feet, dusting off the remains of flowers I put in his hair.
" But again, we really should head on back. We don't want to worry Moomin and the others." He offered his hand to lift me up.
" Yeah, Yeah." I took his palm, and hoisted myself up.
" Hey, Snufkin?"
He hummed in response.
" By any chance do you think the Valley has any spare sketchbooks?" I looked at what was left of my sketchbook, trying not to remember the moment where it was...destroyed.
" I'm sure there are. We could go and see tomorrow if you'd like." He said.
" Sounds ideal." I grinned in delight.
We soon made it back to Moomin house, where our tents were placed nearby. The sky now was neatly covered in night time blue. The moons reflection bounced off the now calm stream. I dipped my feet , foot by foot, into the stream. The cold water calming my aching feet.
" Aren't you headed off to bed?" Snufkin's voice rang from behind.
" In a little while." I responded as I swished my feet back and forth in the water.
" Alright then. Goodnight (Y/N)." He said.
" Goodnight." I politely responded back.
I heard his tent zip shut as my gaze went back to the moons reflection.
' Out of all the people on Earth, why had I run into him?'
I thought to myself.
' And why do I feel this way? What even is this feeling? I know that I like the fellow, but why?'
My ears always felt hot around him as my stomach did kick flips. Well, they had slightly subsided, but still lingered on just a tiny bit.
' Mother always said we fall for someone for the strangest reasons. Before she left anyways...'
I sighed.
' I suppose I'll just let fate do it's thing. See where it takes me. Heck, that's all I've ever known. I shouldn't get my hopes up though.. he seems quite smitten of that Moomin fellow.. wait a second... am I jealous?!'
I groaned into my hands.
' Pull yourself together (Y/N). You're overthinking everything.'
I laid back on the grass, my feet still in the water.
' But what if..'
_______________________________
Snufkin's POV:
I yawned as I began to dress in my sleeping wear, then hearing the crinkle of paper coming from my coats pocket. Ah yes, the drawing she gave me. I unfolded her gift, examining each and every pencil stroke. She even left her little initials. How cute~
I jolted up.
" ᶜᵘᵗᵉ?" I whispered under my breath. Huh, how strange for me to think of the word cute.. I shook my head.
" It's just a word." I chuckled.
" ...Then why do I feel so strange?" I continued to examine the sketch.
" Maybe I should ask her about it." I patted down my hair, and peeked my head out of my tent.
" (Y/N)? Can I ask you a que-"
I found her asleep on the patchy grass, her feet floating in the stream. I let out a small laugh. Only (Y/N) could manage to fall asleep in the most odd places. I fetched a small towel before I lifted her feet from the cold stream, drying the off carefully from the heel and toes. I placed her socks back on, and carried her back into her own tent. I made sure to pick out any leaves from her hair before I tucked her in. That's when I noticed how peaceful she appeared while sleeping. I smiled. I shouldn't bother the poor lass with silly questions. I'll manage. I went back into my own tent, and fell into a deep slumber. The last thought that came into mind was
' What is this feeling?'

End of chapter 8

Author note 2:
Hope you enjoyed the little chapter! Tomorrow I'm on my way to Orlando Florida! I can't wait to explore Diagonally!!! I'm such a dork for the Harry Potter series lol. Take care my fellow Wattpad readers!
- Krissy