Chapter 2

6 weeks had passed since the emperor took in the empress's cousin as his concubine. The emperor would visit the empress's cousin every night and this had cause many of the other concubines to feel jealous and hatred for concubine Xu.

Zhi Ruo life remained the same, when she heard her cousin was going to marry to the emperor she couldn't help but feel her shattered heart shattering into more pieces. She and her cousins were sworn sister,how could she betray her and marry her own husband?

She knew that everyone knew she was an unfavoured empress,a tool for the emperor. Although she shows no emotion outside, deep down she felt ashamed of how deeply in love she was with him. She had changed for him to the point she couldn't recognize herself anymore.If she could turn back time she would rather choose to never meet him because she didn't want to fall so deeply in love with him anymore.

Before she even knew it,tears started dripping down her pink cheeks. She didn't know why but that day she just cried and cried, letting out all her sorrows accumulated through her love less marriage.

She curled up and hid under her thin sheets as she felt her heart slowly die once again.

The next morning, Zhi Ruo went to the mirror to see her eyes swollen due to all the crying.She had to admit she felt better after pouring her emotions out. However little did she know, this was just a starting of a nightmare.

" Your majesty." the eunch said in an sarcastic tone. He didn't need to show her any respect, after all she was just a unless puppet which the emperor tossed away. Zhi Ruo got up and opened the door only to see the eunch holding a decree in his hands. She bowed down and waiting for the eunch to tell her the decree.

Seeing the empress in this state made the eunch smirk as he opened the scroll before reading it out loud " The empress will now be changed to a new empress as the current empress Ye has been caught for adultery and will be removed from her position as an empress." After finishing reading the decree the eunch handed it over to the empress before leaving not bothering to give her any face. Zhi Ruo looked at the decree and chuckled, Her heart broken.Ever since,she married him she had not been allowed to leave the palace at all. He hated her so much to the point where he will create a fake crime to remove her. But to her it doesn't matter anymore as even with her being an empress she was no different than a slave.So what different will that make if she weren't empress anymore?

She had helped him so many times. It was also because of her family power did he manage to take the throne. She had never wanted many things from him, she just wanted him to love her back and cherish her.

'I'm truly useless.' She thought to herself as she went back to her bed and curled up as she let sleep consume her.