Two

It wasn't hard to find the doppelgänger. She sat with her two friends at the Mystic Grill one of the them being a Bennett witch. She remembered Emily Bennett her ancestor who aided Katherine. She disliked her but it wasn't Bonnie's fault. It was too easy to find out that information, the perks of being a immortal teenager, she blended in.

She sat at the bar sipping on a mango mai tai she compelled the bar tender for, glancing over every so often as to not draw attention. Elena got up excusing herself to the bathroom. After a few moments Mary did as well.

She stepped into the bathroom as Elena was washing her hands.

Mary stood there and stared, she really did look like Katherine. It was uncanny. Elena noticed suddenly getting nervous. Mary could hear her heart thumping in her chest.

"Can I help you?" She asked but Mary just smiled.

"No not at all Elena." She looked puzzled.

"How do you know my name?" Mary sped right in front of her, looking her over.

"Just like her." She muttered.

"Katherine?" Mary perked up.

"What do you know about her?" Elena gulped starting to back away slowly.

"I don't know who you are but please..." She trailed off.

"Don't worry I won't hurt you." She was right in front of the doppelgänger again.

"Forget you saw me." Elena looked dazed, before Mary made her escape. She made her way back to the bar slapping cash on the counter for the bar tender.

"I'll have another." She smiled. She looked over her shoulder, Elena was back with her friends and all of them were looking her way.

Vervain.

She'll admit she was a bit naive there especially if Elena knew about Katherine Pierce and being a founding family member of the town, Mary stood up and made her leave.

She walked along the sidewalk. 'That was close.' She thought. Suddenly she felt a hand around her neck and was slammed against the brick wall in an alley. She didn't see who it was due to the darkness. She grabbed their wrist twisting it back, hearing the snap caused her to smirk before twisting and kneeing them in the stomach.

"Big mistake."She said. Mary knocked them back on the ground. The street lamp peering over lighting up her attacker. Her whole body stiffened.

Impossible.

"How-" She began but couldn't utter any words.

"Stefan?" She stepped forward hesitantly. He groaned sitting up, wrist snapped back in place. His eyes instantly locked onto her own.

"Mary?" He instantly stood up. He looked confused. "How is that possible? How are you alive."

"Me? How the hell are you alive? Father shot you dead!" Stefan didn't say anything as tears welled up in his eyes as well as Mary's. It went silent between them.

"I had Katherine's blood in my system." He stated. "How is this possible?" Mary shook her head.

"It doesn't matter." She took long strides forwards before wrapping her arms around him tightly, Stefan didn't hesitate to do the same. Stefan grew taller if possible and stronger, he wasn't scrawny as he once was when he was human. Tears stained Stefan's shirt but he didn't mind. His sister is here, she's home. "You have no idea how much I've missed you." Her voice was muffled but he still heard her.

"You too." He sniffled, the tears wouldn't stop. Suddenly his phone began ringing causing them to pull apart. "Sorry." He said as he pulled his phone out. He stared at the caller ID before looking up at Mary. "Um, Damon's alive too."