||Epilogue||

A FEW DAYS  LATER- AFTER TONY'S FUNERAL

I leaned against the porch railing watching over my mother and the kids play. Sam is excited to know his grandparents.

I can feel a sense of satisfaction since everyone came back but I still feel a bit of sorrow every time I think about all we sacrifice to get her. My mind travels to memories of Nat. How I wish she was here to revel in our victory but she wouldn't want to sit in sorrow she would want me to live and be happy.

"You okay?" Steve asks. Snapping me out of a daze.

He wraps his arms around my waist and I lean into his embrace. feeling comfort in his touch.

"I know you miss her." Steve said.

"I do miss her but she wouldn't want me to be sad and she knows we won, and you know it's a bit  strange with Tony being gone I keep thinking his gonna pop up and make one of his grandiose dramatic entrances." I said with a soft smile.

He reciprocates and chuckles at his remark. "Me too."

We stand in silence while watching mom and kids play.

"Do you think we can handle the simple life?" I ask.

"I think we can handle it." he said.

"I don't know your an old man and you sure you can keep up." I quipped. I turn to face him.

"Anytime babe." He smirks.

"I think parenthood should be easier then Budapest." I quipped.

He laughs. I lean in and give him a soft passionate kiss.

"I love you." I whispered against his lips.

"I love you too."

||NICOLE BEHARIE-CHARLOTTE JAMES||

THIS IS THE END OF THE CHARLOTTE & STEVE INFINITY SAGA BUT MORE TO COME

THANK YOU TO ALL YOU HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING ME SINCE BOOK1