Two Wolverines!

Magsimula sa umpisa

Caedmon squeaked angrily and wiggled, trying to nip the General as he held him in a strong grip, looking him over, before setting him on a scale. Five pounds. “He’s gaining a lot of weight.”

“Growing dragon?” I ventured in a small voice.

“Getting fat,” General Wolverine grunted. “You feeding him human food?”

“He doesn’t like the dragon kibble,” I said, frowning.

“The dragon kibble will help him grow tall and muscular not fat and heavy in the air.” He replied in his gravelly tone. He pinched down Caedmon’s spine all the way to his tail. “Hmm..” he lingered on the tip of his tail. “Interesting. He’s going to have a flashy tail.”

“Flashy tail?” I echoed.

He nodded. “He’s growing some filaments here.. it’s going to look like peacock feathers in a way. Who knows what colors they will be. Never had a shadow dragon before.” He said before stretching out his wingspan, which looked painful to me. He measured the wingspan with a ruler. “If you get the baby fat off him he’ll be a great flyer.” He noticed.

“How fast?” I asked, too curious to be angry.

“No one knows for sure.” He said. He put pressure on either side of the angry hatchling’s jaw and forced him to open his mouth. “He’s teething too. Hmm… Growing very fast.”

He annoying! Caedmon’s squeaky voice echoed in my mind as I watched General Landin pull up his tail to look under there. Caedmon squeaked and tried to flail his tail but he was powerless in General Landin’s grip. Somehow seeing him struggle futilely was making me itchy, like I wanted to throw a punch or two. Maybe snap out my watch and watch him go night night. But.. I didn’t have that watch anymore…

“He pooping alright?”

“Yeah..” I drawled. Not like I watched him squat or anything..

“No pains or anything I should know about?”

I shook my head. No.

Suddenly he stuck a needle in Caedmon’s neck, making him let out a scream and I gasped as I felt like one had been stabbed into my own. “Sh-shoes,” I whispered shakily.

“Just a little.. flu shot,” General said bluntly, looking at me. “Your bond is so strong already. Incredible.. you could feel that?” He quickly put the needle out before he pinched Caedmon’s ear, making him squeak and I gasped, putting a hand over my ear.

He made a ghost of a smile, pulling his hand away from Caedmon’s ear. “Impressive.”

“Ouch.” Was all I could say.

He handed the grumpy dragon back to me. “Very good,” he said, before putting his hands together. “I bet you’re wondering why you were never questioned about the other times you.. managed to steal a few files.”

“Mostly I stole files about stupid buildings or the janitor’s files,” I shrugged, but I could feel a cold sweat coming on.

He nodded. “The only reason we’re keeping that safe is because you are part of the S-11 team now. We are a top secret branch of the government. In order to stay top secret, we try and keep our team secret.” He tapped the file cabinet. “This thing alone contains more security than the White House.” He said. “It contains the files of everyone on this team.” He folded his arms. “Believe me, you won’t be able to get in this one.”

“Why would I-“ I started to sputter defensively, but he held up a warning finger, telling me to shut it.

“Your file… stays safe in here long as you stay part of our team,” General said. I could feel a burn on the back of my neck and slowly swiveled my head to see another General Landin standing behind me, slowly stalking back and forth as if to inspect me from every angle.