"We thought about that Sir, and we decided to contract a Soft Drink Company and Millers to sell them soda and bread at half the regular price, the other half of the cost, the party's loyal forces have offered to cover. Besides, there are a number of us who will be there, talking to the people every now and then just to assure them that you will be coming, and to let them know that you are aware of their presence. All media houses, I believe, are covering the event. Even the privately owned Southern Media Group requested to have a live coverage of your speech, when you issue it," Mwea informed him.  

"Thank you Mwea, I shall be at the County Hall Hotel meeting, see you there," Abdi assured him before getting off the phone. Thereafter, Abdi felt much better, and he seemed to lighten up. Ojijo could clearly see he was happy, besides, why shouldn't he be? He had quietly listened in to the conversation on speaker, and he hoped that Mr. Abdi would not change his mind and decide to listen through the receiver instead.  

"Sir, will I be informed as to exactly what happened?" Ojijo asked hopefully.  

"Yes you will know, but not now. Meanwhile, do you think I would have won the case through the right channels?" Abdi asked while he looked Ojijo directly into the eyes.  

Ojijo took his time to answer. He knew this was more or less a trick question. He recalled how they were so close to getting Monday without the help of the police. Patrick had been informing him on how they only reached at every hotel he was just a day or hours after he left. He must have been having spies around otherwise he couldn't have been so elusive.  

Section 2 

Immediately after Patrick had left Oboswa's office, he came to realize that he was on his own. So he quickly called Anthony and Mike to a private meeting; he told them to exclusively put their efforts into locating Monday. So separately, the two spies had managed to get to Monday's social circle and even Anthony went ahead and introduced himself to Monday's wife as his colleague at work and he told her that he was worried about his whereabouts. Luckily for him, he was left in the living room for some five minutes when she went to prepare some tea for him. He had wasted no time when he quickly planted a bug inside the telephone receiver. By doing that, he realized that Mrs. Monday never left the house, not even during the time when their two children had gone off to school. The thing that really worried Patrick was the fact that no single policeman ever came to the house, at least not on those days they listened to the bug in the house. Patrick had gone as far as installing a listening device in a room he had hired at the Golf Windsor Hotel. Monday used to call mainly around midnights, though he was a lousy criminal; he always talked just long enough to be traced. Patrick located his area every time, then immediately transmitted the information to Mike and Anthony, who would then rush to the scene, unfortunately only to find an empty room. That, Patrick guessed, was only possible if Monday had spies. That was the reason why on those last two days, they concentrated on the yet undetected spies more than they did on Monday himself. Fortunately, they caught one of the spies, and when they did, they nearly beat him to death. He confessed on how a man paid him to inform him whenever someone asked for him. His job was to hang around the various hotel lobbies and listen to any inquiries made about their boss, and then inform him of such. Nonetheless, he explained that he never accompanied him much. This made it easy for Patrick and his men. They were able to eliminate all of Monday's spies from a venue before embarking for Monday. They simply threatened them or held them captive. On the evening when they discovered Monday's body, they had caught up with him only to find the place hovering with police officers. They inquired to one of the receptionists at the desk who revealed to them that two men had come earlier to see the dead man; they had flashed badges from the Criminal Investigation Department.