When she heard the door open, she turned around to face him; he smiled and introduced himself. He extended his hand to greet her.  

"Hi, I am Mr. Abdi Anwar Bashir, you can call me Abdi."  

"I am Eleanor Jonson Jabib," she replied and immediately asked, "Why did you blow me a kiss?"  

"I could not help it; I am completely mesmerized by your beauty," he answered honestly and without any hesitation.  

"You are married!" She stated as a matter of fact when she looked at his ringed index finger.  

He lowered his head to avoid her gaze, "Yes!"  

He wondered whether to tell her that there is no fun in being married, or at least his marriage. On second thought, he decided that it would have been silly.  

"Are you the chairman of the Peoples' Democratic Movement?" She asked curiously.  

He thought about his answer for a brief moment, before he responded. "Yes and how do you know this if I may ask?"  

"I read it in the papers, and I want to tell you that I am all for change. This country needs more people like you who overwhelmingly, and repeatedly, demonstrated that you have a heart for all people and more so, the needy."  

He had a feeling that this was not going too well, and he was right judging by what followed next.  

"I did not think it was wise for a man of your age, with hopes of becoming the president of this great republic, to go about blowing me a kiss while you show utter recklessness in public," she expressed while she looked him squarely into the eyes.  

Mr. Abdi knew, right there and then, that he had to make things right otherwise he could lose a potential voter. He had no choice but to apologize.  

"I am sorry about my earlier behavior. Thank you for your compliment. Young people like you are the reason why I am in politics. I want to give you an opportunity to look forward to a better nation. Also, I know that there are some old folks, who are much wiser than me. May I please excuse myself; I have some friends waiting for me!" He concluded. All he wanted to do at that point was to get the hell out of there.  

That day, he did not stay long at the party. He went to the governor and excused himself; he claimed that he had to attend an important business call. The governor was one of his supporters; the main reason he invited him was to boost his public image. The governor believed in him, and he knew that the country would be much better off with Abdi in office. He could get things done, and the country needed a man like him to turn things around. Abdi went straight to his study and buried himself in work.  

The following day, he went to the office quite early, even though, he barely slept the night before. He had been lying awake for several hours, but it seemed like an eternity at the time. He kept thinking about this unbelievable, magnificent woman that he had met at the party. Even if he would have tried, which of course he had no intention to do so, he just could not get her out of his mind. Her manners were simply impeccable, and those breasts....oh, how he had lusted after the mere thought of them, he just wanted to touch and caress them, just hold them in his manly hands. All this made him want her even more. Abdi pondered about how he could go about it. He needed a solid plan. He could not just go to the governor and ask about her; this would definitely arise suspicion in the governor's mind. That would not have been such a good idea at all. So, he really had no choice but to drop this entire idea since it was not attainable. Besides, it was not as if he had nothing better to do, in fact, his work was overwhelming and extremely demanding. He had to attend campaign meetings that were mostly behind closed doors. Furthermore, he had to run his business enterprise. Mr. Bashir was well known on a local level, and now politics brought him even closer to the public arena. He had been doing a lot of charity work for as long as he could remember. As far as he was concerned, he believed that it was his God given duty to aid people. This is because it was God who made him prosperous in the first place. He had scholarship offers to over twenty schools through his foundation. To educate the best people, who would then mostly end up working for him that was his objective. He had also established a number of children's homes. His wife, on the other hand, had a woman's support group, that he supported fully. He might not have been aware about all the details this support group entailed, but he knew that the huge amounts of money that he channeled through each and every month were to ensure their continuation. All those things kept him busy. In politics he was not an old chap either, actually it was his second time that he had been approached. The second time was less than a year ago, and the first time was during the election of George Storeman's second term in office. Abdi was urged to take on the head of the opposing PDM, but he refused. Storeman was the son of a chief under the colonial government. Due to the white man's rule, the Storemans' inherited large amounts of wealth in form of huge tracks of land that were covered with coffee fields, previously owned by the white settlers during the transitional period. He vied to be a member of parliament after the Independence, and he easily won due to his father's fame and wealth. He served as an MP for three terms, a total of twenty-one years. After the death of the founding president, Storeman vied for presidency under the opposition umbrella - now the ruling party called Chama Cha Wazalendo, 'The Patriots' Party'. At this time, many people were disgruntled by the post-colonial government, as they saw it had brought about neo-colonialism. This made him easily clinch the presidency.