What a stupid mistake... Im so embarassed!

My face felt as though it was on fire.

Estel: "Everyone makes mistakes."

Ethan: "That's right. And they do sound alike."

Sara: "J...just forget it, already!"

As we stood there talking, a villager called out to us.

Towner: "Travelers, are you here to participate in the fight?"

Sara: "Ah, no, we hadn't thought about it..."

Towner: "Oh, that's too bad. The winner of the fight will have an audience with King Arthur, and will be invited to sup with him."

Sara: "What? Really?"

Towner: "Yes. That's why King Arthur comes here every year to observe the fighting."

Ethan: "Sara, this is our chance!"

Sara: "Yes. We must also participate."

Ethan: "We? You're not planning to fight too, are you?"

Sara: "Of course!"

Ethan: "It's not dancing, its fighting. You get that, right? It will be dangerous."

Sara: "I understand that it will be danger ous. BUt if even one more of us participates, our chance of winning is that much better."

Ethan: "I suppose you're right, but.."

Ethan folded his arms, with an expression on his face that signaled his disagreement.

Ray: "This is so annoying. Just have everyone compete, and let's be done with this."

Sara: "So, Ray, are you saying that you will participate, too?"

Ray: "Whatever, but that doesnt mean that Im going to put any effort into it."

Hahaha, that's just like Ray.

A wry laugh escaped me.

Ray: "Plus if we win this contest we wont have to waste our time on a stupid detour. More than that, we can settle this matter quickly."

Ray turned his gaze toward Estel.

Estel: "So that's how it is..."

Estel returned Ray's look with a cold glare of his own.

Oh, right, these two are still fighting.

Sara: "Anyway! If one of us wins this tournament, we'll be able to meet King Arthur. And if we can do that, we can get Excalibur back!"

Ethan just stared wistfully at me for awhile, and finally let out a small sigh.

Ethan: "If it will help us achieve our original goal, then I wont object if we all participate. However, Sara, you have to promise me one thing."