Precious Memories~~Chapter 7

Chapter 7

When I finally remembered that my father called me down stairs for breakfast I quickly threw on my ripped jeans that were laying on the ground near my closet and an old t-shirt that I had from Derrick and flew down the stairs to meet him. I had a smile on my face because I couldn't wait to get ready so I could go out with Kaedon.

His phone call was a bad time but he made me feel better. I was ecstatic when he decided he was going to come and get me. I had a feeling that the time I spent with him was going to be a time to remember.

I heard my stomach scream for food when I stepped into the kitchen.

I looked around the table and saw my father sitting with the paper under his nose staring at it oblivious to the world around him and my quiet mother in front of the stove cooking.

I quickly remembered the painful words they exchange towards each other.

"Good morning," I said loudly to both of them.

My mother replied first with some enthusiasm but I could tell she was uncomfortable in the kitchen with the rest of us. It pained me to know that I was the cause of her discomfort and pain. "Morning, baby," she said.

"Good morning, Layla," said Daddy with a different tone of voice.

I sat down at the table across from my father and looked at him. He had dark black hair and silver eyes. When he was angry his eyes lit up with fire and outrage. He stood at six feet two inches and towered over my mother who was only five feet five inches. He had deep laugh lines and still had a full heads of hair at forty-five. My father was attractive for is age and he passed all his quality traits to my brother. They both had the black hair, silver eyes and height, except Derrick was an inch shorter.

My mother served me a plate of French toast, at the round table she had no other choice but to be seated next to both my father and I and eat her breakfast.

I looked between my parents and noticed her tense my mother was and how careless my father seemed to be. I could only look down into my plate and pretend I was fascinated with the food on my plate.

A clearing of a throat caught my attention and I looked up into my fathers silver eyes. They were so serious and I immediately was nervous. "Yes daddy?" I asked sweetly.

"Layla, your mother and I have some serious business to discuss with you."

"About what, Daddy?" I had no idea what they were going to talk to me about. If they were gonna ask about Derrick and him going away to college and how I felt I was going to cry.

"Well first of all, sweetie, I want you to know that your father and I love you. Nothing is going to change that and we will always be there for you and your brother."

"Yes, that is never going to be different, but this is about something else," he said pulling out a manila folder from under the chair. "Now Layla don't think this has anything to do with you but your mother and I are getting a divorce."

~~~~~

Comment!

Vote!

Become A Fan!!!

Please!!