2.

Maria took a step into the auditorium. It didn't look special. It was a large room with rows of seats. At the far front was a stage. Maria spotted a group of teenagers by the stage, chatting. She huffed. Her classmates.

A feeling of dread built up in her stomach as she slowly began walking towards the other teenagers. As she slowly approached the group the tan skinned teenager scanned the group. Yeah.. they all seemed like nerds. Maria doesn't mind that though. From her own experience nerds aren't as much as assholes unlike other kids. She would hang out in a class of geeks, nerds, and loners any day.

Maria learned against the white painted brick wall, stayed quiet. The somewhat tall teenager hoped she blended in. She wore a baggy gray hoodie and tight skinny jeans with black sneakers. She had to admit, she doesn't like dressing like this. She likes experimenting with her outfits but the thought of standing out sounded.. horrifying at the moment.

The bell rang, but the drama teacher still hadn't came.
They must be running late,
Maria thought, shrugging. Teachers running late isn't uncommon. Their school was right next to a busy highway with heavy traffic, a lot of people end up running late. But it is second period.. eh. Maria dismissed the thought, still watching the group. She recognized a few faces. The tall sports kid John Laurens, he was cool. Alexander Hamilton, the ball of rage in the junior year. Or, as some people jokingly say, 'the crackhead of the grade.'

Maria also noticed another girl. She was average height, shorter than John and taller than Alexander. She had fair skin and long dark hair. She just had a warm and friendly expression. Elizabeth Schuyler. The younger sister of the senior Angelica Schuyler and the older sister of the freshman Peggy Schuyler. The three where popular enough. Not like the bitchy bow down to me popular but they come from a rich and well known family in their little town, they are genuinely nice and charismatic, and they are very involved in the going ons of the school.

Don't stare at her,
Maria mentally scolded herself, glancing away. Immediately the drama teacher walked in. An older man with broad shoulders, graying brown hair, slight wrinkles on his forehead.. he looks like one of those older, grumpy teachers. Lovely.

Throughout the class though, she had realized that the drama teacher, Mr. Starson, was actually pretty chill. About half way through the class he had let the students chat until it was time to go.

I wish I brought my phone now,
Maria thought, feeling bored. She had left her phone in her small little bedroom at home, charging.

"Hi. Your name is Maria, right?"

Maria jumped when the person said her name. She was surprised to see Elizabeth Schuyler in front of her, with a friendly smile. The two teenage girls where about the same height, being shorter than Maria by an inch or two.

With a nervous smile, Maria awkwardly said, "yeah.. you're Elizabeth Schuyler I presume?"

Elizabeth smile and noded. "That's me," she said with a small grin. She than said, "you can call me Eliza though. I like that better than Elizabeth."

"Alright than Eliza," Maria replied, getting a catch on Eliza's cheerful deminer.

Eliza continued on to say, "why are you standing alone? You've seemed lonely since the end of last year.." She trailed off, sudden coming to a look of realization. She looked at Maria, with a spark of curiosity yet empathy. "Right, the mess with Reynolds. If you don't mind me asking.. is anything he said actually true? I mean, he's known to be a lying douchebag."

"No. None of its true." Anger bubbled in Maria's stomach at the mention of her scumbag ex boyfriend. Honestly, Maria would celebrate if he died. "He lied.. he made all of it up after I broke up with him. But everyone seems to believe him."

"I don't believe him," Eliza quickly said. Maria was skeptical, but something about the other girls sincere expression made Maria believe her.

"Thanks.. that's someone," Maria smiled.

"Oh! What's your next class?" Eliza reached into the pocket of her denim shorts and unfolded the piece of paper. Maria noticed that her shorts matched her plain baby blue t-shirt well.

Maria reached into her own pocket and took out her own schedule. After unfolding the paper she read it over. Third period. Economics..

With a lighthearted, dramatic groan, Maria said, "economics with.. Mr. Lison. You?"

"Same!" Eliza looked excited, and her excitement suddenly latched itself onto Maria. Maybe she will have a friend to start the school year off. Maybe things won't me awful. For the first time in awhile, Maria felt a glimmer of hope.

Authors Note
HERE YA GO
Chapter two. I like how this chapter turned out. I'm glad I took my sweet old time. Tommarow I'm starting my freshman year of highschool so I'm gonna be much more busy and have less time to update this. I'll try! Like usual, this is unedited. I swear I'll edit my books soon I promise--