"Bye Elijah, don't forget what I said. I have your location, I will use my break to come pop up on that ass." He bursted into laughter before saying goodbye back.

By that time, Morgan finished her breakfast, and it was about 10:15, so she decided she may as well go in early and get some extra hours.

She took care of her hygiene and redid her top knot bun that she had in her hair last night so her hair wouldn't be all over the place for her shift. The scrubs she packed today were maroon so she slipped into those and her shoes, grabbing her purse and heading out toward the bus stop that would take her to work.

It was 12:30 when Morgan arrived to the hospital and clocked in. Today, she was in the OB/GYN wing if the hospital for the first half of her shift and then the pediatric unit until it was time to clock out.

"Hey Morgie! You're here early, as usual," her coworker, Bria spoke. Bria was the nurse that Morgan usually assisted when she worked, she'd been working at the hospital for a few years and took and interest in Morgan when she started.

Morgan had a very strong work ethic and was liked by all the patients and Bria knew better than anyone how catty the other nurses could get, so she made a point to befriend the new CNA.

"Hey Bri, yeah I woke up early, so I figured I may as well, I know we're probably short staffed anyway, so here I am." Morgan spoke, getting everything together she needed for the first half of her shift, and checking on which patients were on her rounds. As a CNA she was working as a nurses assistant to the whole hospital but her main focus was shadowing OB nurses.

"After you do your first check in, you can come back here, I want you to shadow me for this ultrasound. I know when you graduate this is gonna be your wing permanently so we gotta get as much OB time in as we can." Morgan nodded and made her way out of the break room and to check on her current patients.

She was almost done, she only had one patient left, her favorite, Ms. Delilah.

Ms. Delilah was currently battling with stage 3 breast cancer, and was on chemo treatments at the hospital, so Morgan saw her probably 4 times a week. Currently, she was feeling sicker than usual, and she couldn't keep food down so she'd been in the hospital for 3 days straight.

"Hi Ms. Delilah! How are we doing today?" Morgan asked cheerfully as she entered the room. She was still looking at her chart when she entered, so when she looked up and saw Ms. Delilah had company she was a bit shocked.

"Morgan! Hello dear, I'm doing okay." She said in a tired voice. The young man that was sitting next to her bed lifted his head from his hands at the sound of that name. Morgan didn't speak because she knew how hard a lot of people took sick family members, she decided to let him say hello if he wanted to.

"That's good to hear, do you need anything? You feeling any pain?" she questioned routinely. After shaking her head, Ms. Delilah gestured to the young man whose face she still couldn't see.

"This is my son, the one I'm always going on about. Samir, this is the best nurse I got, Ms. Morgan," she introduced. Morgan chuckled, taking another look at the chart before looking up to speak. Once she met the eyes of Samir, she was taken aback almost immediately at the face she saw.

"Ace?!" she exclaimed, mouth agape. This was Ms. Delilah's son?! She spoke so highly of her boy, and how he took such good care of her and his siblings. He was an angel in her eyes, although he's done things she wasn't proud of, he prioritized his loved ones and their well-being.

He chuckled at her reaction and stood up to greet her properly. "In the flesh. How are you?" he asked, slipping his arm around her waist and squeezing her in a hug. The butterflies had once again made their home in Morgan's stomach as he pulled back from their hug.