So did Olivia.

"That's rude," I commented. "Coconut is superior. Your taste buds have been messed up from all the disgusting mint chocolate chip shit you eat."

"First of all, don't you dare bad mouth the best ice cream flavour. Second of all, stop swearing in front of the kids."

"I'm eighteen," Mason butted in.

"I'm ten," then did Olivia.

"And they know they can't cuss at teachers so I don't see why it's such a big dilemma for you," I smirked as I continued licking my ice cream, my right leg crossed over my left comfortably.

"Whatever," he mumbled. "If TJ could talk, he would side with me," he told us as if it was a fact. But if it was going to be up to me, my godson was not even going to think of mint chocolate chip ice cream as an option.

Our aimless fight carried on until we were all done with our ice creams. I felt kind of full from it and like it was too much sweetness in one go. Harry took TJ out of the stroller for a bit, he said he had to show his godson the town so Olivia sat in it instead. It was actually hilarious, the little girl didn't even fit in it properly but Mason found it to be an advantage as he began to run and so she nearly fell out of it.

I say nearly because I quickly reached for her so she didn't hug the asphalt and get bloody knees and a broken tooth. Needless to say, Mason felt fucking horrible for like five minutes and then he just laughed at how easily she fell out. Olivia seemed to find it funny as well which surprised me. Then again, the more I got to know her—and actually both of them—the more I realised how different they are.

Olivia was much more forgiving and chilled, she always laughed at everything and she was very loud. Saying that, however, I think that only really happened around people she felt comfortable with. It took her a while to get used to my dads and brother and Jane, she was very shy around them but I think the faster she realised they weren't out to hurt her but be her friend, she gave in and became much more confident.

Then Mason was different in a sense that he had the tendency to be very moody and get irritated easily. I suppose that was where him and I found a common ground and that's why we got along from the start. We had sort of the same outlook on life, too. He was very much into planning everything out and aiming for nothing but success in everything he did which, again, led us to being able to relate to the other. I found that our conversations went very deep at certain times. For example, the night before Harry took me out, Mason and I just sat outside in the back and had a glass of wine together, talking about random stuff. But it was the kind of random stuff that made both of us think deep and hard and so it was all very serious.

But of course, the wine kicked in pretty fast so we were just pissing ourselves for the most part.

Dinner took some time to find. Harry listed a bunch of places but there was always someone who didn't like the sound of the menu and so we ended up going around for ages. My feet were honestly hurting really badly and all I wanted was a feet massage but I was also starving by this point so in reality, I wouldn't have even minded any of the places he offered before.

When we actually found somewhere to go, we had to wait like twenty minutes and it was the longest twenty minutes in the world. Jason kept crying and crying so Harry had to take him away from us for a bit and calm him down. I saw him moving him up and down in his arms and it looked like he spoke to him, too. In the meantime, I had Mason leaning on my shoulder and Olivia leaning her head on my thighs, both of them boiling from how hot it was and also starving. I kept blowing air on the little girl's neck as I moved her hair away and fanned her with my hands but I didn't think it did much.