ᴵ ᴺ ᵀ ᴿ ᴼ ᴰ ᵁ ᶜ ᵀ ᴵ ᴼ ᴺ

Hey. I'm Hayleigh. Hayleigh Larken. Although that's my name I really don't know who I am. They've told me I'm 18. Nice to know, I guess. I can sort of remember that in Alberta, a province in canada, I'm the legal drinking age. Weird thing to remember. I want to log that, since im supposed to log things I remember, but I'm unsure what they'll make of something that has to do with drinking. I guess they should know; they're the professionals. I made my way over to the log button. It read 'Log Memories' under it. It was a square button. Orange. It stands out in this white padded room. I usually feel like I stand out here. The first time they lead me through the building to this room, the 'patients' in the rooms like these were in these odd full body suits that were strapped to them. I never got the chance to ask what those suits were called.

It makes me feel out of place because I too am in one of these rooms, but I dont get one of those suits. It's not like I want one, but I feel like I'm special. There's
nothing out of the ordinary with me for all I know. Apart from the fact that I'm in an asylum.

I reached over to press the orange button.  I pressed my finger to it. It was satisfying to press. A loud automated female voice came from the podium the button sat on. "Do you wish to log a memory?" It said. "Yes." I replied, as my 'doctor' instructed. "Please recite your memory after the tone." Then a very clear 'beep' sounded. I recalled my exact words to myself. "I can sort of remember that in Alberta, a province in a Canada, I am the legal drinking age." I pressed the button a second time as my 'doctor' instructed to do after I finished reciting the memory.

I like writing, so they let me have this notebook, and they gave me a couple pens, too. I wanted to write this all down because honestly this story is f&(%!ng deranged. When I was told the story, I was thinking it couldn't have been me, but I knew it was. It wasn't exactly 'me', but it was 'me', you know? Thinking back, it thats how I used to be, I could never remember that. Remembering... that brings me to:

Memories. Our story starts with that, sort of. The earliest memory that I remember experiencing is entering the asylum. They took me to a room to talk with this woman. I didn't know her. She introduced herself as Sarah. That's a pretty basic name, I thought. Sarah explained the entire story to me of why I'm here, and that's what I'm here to do for you...