Prologue

Luna

"Babe!" I call from the living room as I fold some of the clothing gifted to us at our baby shower

It takes a second but soon enough, Adrian pokes his head out over the balcony. "Yeah?"

"Do you know where I put all of the bottles we got for the baby?" I ask him.

"Yeah, they're up here. I'll bring them to you," he says and walks away. A couple of minutes later, I see him coming down the stairs with a box in his hand. "Why do we need so many bottles again?"

"Because we can never have too many."

"I think we can. And I think we do."

A pout forms on my face. "Well I just want her to be well provided for."

"She will be, honey," Adrian wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek. "I just think that maybe we don't need to but anymore baby bottles, and pacifiers, and everything else that you seem to be hoarding. We should get stuff that we actually need."

"Oh whatever," I roll my eyes. "But we do need to go shopping to get a few more things. The baby will be here any day now."

"What do we need?"

"A bottle warmer, washcloths, and lots of hugs and kisses," I smile at him. Adrian chuckles before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into a gentle hug. I slip my arms around his neck and look at him with puckered lips. Before I know it, his lips gently meet mine in a slow kiss.

"You wanna go now?" He asks me, pulling away. I nod my head and stand up off of the floor. We both slip on our shoes and prepare to head out of the door before we're approached by Riot who obviously wants to come with. Adrian bends down to the panting dog. "Sorry, buddy. You can't come with this time. We're going baby shopping." He plants a kiss on Riot's head before carrying him into the living room so we can leave.

Before I know it, we're arriving at the store. We climb out of the car and head inside, immediately grabbing a trolley. I hold on to Adrian's arm as he pushes the trolley through the aisles. "You want black or white?" he asks as we search through the variety of bottle warmers.

"White. It matches our kitchen," I giggle and grab it off of the shelf, placing it into the trolley as he pushes it into the next aisle. After we zip through the aisles, grabbing items from the shelves, our trolley is eventually almost full.

"Babe, we should check out now," Adrian sighs, looking at the abundance of items in the trolley. "We're grabbing things we don't even need."

"But look at this," I pout, holding up a fuzzy brown onesie. "It's so cute."

"Luna, put it down."

"But it's so–"

"Down. Now."