Like promised I was bringing Leo lunch, the two of us had found out we love our burritos so I opted to get him a burrito. I had spent the majority of my morning studying for my exam which was coming up in a few weeks.

"I'm here to see Leo Hughes"I tell the lady at the front desk.

"Fourth floor"she tells me and I nod before heading to the elevators. I never once have been in any of the precincts here in New York and I never thought I would.

The elevator doors open up and the officers buzzing around either seated at their desk weren't in cubicles like how others were. I look around.

"Julie"a voice says and I turn to see Finley walking around the corner.

"Hey"I smile, sighing internally because I wasn't looking around lost.

"You here for Leo?" He asks looking at the take out bag in my hand. I nod. Suddenly I feel being wrapped around me.

"Hey Jules"Leo comes around me and I smile.

"Your lunch" I say handing the bag to him.

"Thanks"

"Did you just get in?" Finely asks and Leo nods. "And?"

"Just had to take a statement from a few people in a neighbourhood" Leo shrugs.

"Easy day then?" I ask looking between the two boys.

"Not for me"Finley sighs and walks away. Leo chuckles.

"Come, we can hang out while I eat"

"Woah your gonna show me your desk?" I say in a teasing tone. He chuckles as he guides me over to his desk.

"So what did you do this morning?" He asks as we sit down at his desk and I sit in the chair beside his desk.

"I just studied all morning"I roll my eyes.

"When's your exam?"

"A few weeks from now"

"Do you work tonight?" I nod.

"I work at five with Amelia"

"Do you work tomorrow?" He asks, shovelling down his food. I laugh and cross my legs.

"Yea, I do. Same time too"I tell him.

"Pity"I roll my eyes at him.

"Why got stuff, got something planned?"

"What if I was?" He smirks at me.

"Officer Hughes"his walkie goes off. He picks up his walkie off his shoulder and speaks into it.

"Yea I'll be on my way" he says. "Well duty clearly never stops"he sighs, pushing the garbage into the take out bag. We both stand.

"Did you take the subway here?" He asks. I shake my head.

"I was studying at the Starbucks" he nods.

"Want a ride home? I gotta check something out and it's passing your apartment"

"If you don't mind"

"Only if you don't mind riding in a cop car" I shrug as I watch him throw out the take out bag. He then reaches over and grabs his keys and wind breaker before wrapping an arm around me.

"A cop car is probably less intimidating in the front then it is in the back isn't it?"

"I don't know, I've only ever sat in the front but probably" he agrees. We walk down to his squad car.

Soon we pulled up at my apartment "Hey, thanks for coming in and bringing me food"he smiles over at me.

"I did promise you didn't I?" I ask, grabbing my purse at my feet.

"I'll text you later" he says and I nod.

"Please be careful"I tell him.

"Always am beautiful"he smirks at me before I lean forward and we kiss.

"Have a good day at work"

"Oh yea I love night shifts"I say sarcastically, popping open the door. He leans forward and kisses my cheek.

I slide out of his car but bend down before shutting it "see yea handsome"I wink at him, he smirks at me before I close the door. Pulling the door to my apartment, I turn my head to see him driving down the street.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Well Malory just for extra measure, I'm gonna send you down to the x Ray room just in case" I smile at the thirteen year old sitting on the bed in front of me. I look down at her ankle.

"I can get a wheelchair if that's easier for you guys"I say looking between Malory and her mother.

"If it's no bother"her mom smiles.

"It's not, I'll be right back" I give them a smile and exit the room.

"Hey Julie"Camille calls from the front desk, I stop "someone delivered you food"she waves the bag of take out and I roll my eyes.

"I'll be there in a second, mine putting it in the break room? I gotta send someone to X Ray's" she nods. I grab a wheelchair and bring it back to the room I was in. After bringing Malory and her mother towards the X Ray room, I hand those in there her files before heading to the break room.

"Hey girlie"a few nurses greet me and I smile.

"So Camille told us that someone special dropped you food"Amelia wiggles her eyebrows and I flip her off.

"It's because I went and gave him lunch today"I tell her as I sit down and open up the bag.

"He was very cute dropping it by I'll tell you that"Camille says passing the break room. Everyone on their break laughs and I blush.

"Alright, shut up"I groan.