chapter 6

richie woke up, the sun seeping through his window. he smiled, the thought of eddie creeping back into his mind. his date the night before was magical. it felt so good to be alone with eddie, just them two.

but he did not like eddie like that. he couldn't. he wasn't gay. he had only ever dated girls and, from what he knew, only had an interest in girls. although he did sort of enjoy the kiss during spin the bottle a lot more then he wanted too, he wouldn't want to date a boy. at least that's what he wanted to believe.

richie rolled out of bed and made sure that none of "the losers" had texted him saying they wanted to come over. nobody did so he went downstairs to see stan playing mortal combat on the tv.

"yes! i fucking beat you bitch," stan laughed.

"yo chill stan," richie laughed.

"sorry, i get like that when i play video games."

stan was already dressed in a dark blue button up (as usual) and some khaki shorts.

"i didn't know you played video games. why don't we go to an arcade, you have those here right?" richie asked.

"yea, there's one by the movie theatre. we go there all the time," stan said.

"okay i'm gonna go get dressed, i'll be right back," richie replied and jogged up the stairs to his room.

***
"beverly oh my gosh troy is texting me right now," eddie said into his phone.

"you have his number?" she asked.

"well..yea-"

"block him eddie."

his phone buzzed and he checked the message troy sent.

"he said something... it says: eds, i'm so sorry for what i did in the past, you didn't deserve it at all. you're the sweetest guy i've ever met and i just wasn't thinking at the time. please give me another chance to prove that i'm good enough for you," eddie read.

"bullshit. he's lying to you," beverly said.

"but he sounds genuine and he called me eds," eddie replied.

"he's manipulating you eddie."

it's that nickname that he calls me. eds.

"i think i should give him another chance. if he starts doing stupid things i'll stop hanging out with him, simple as that," eddie said.

"eddie, im your best friend. i don't want anything bad to happen to you and this could get you hurt again."

eddie's phone buzzed again.

"oh he texted again. he said: please eds, i promise i'll make it up to you."

"please don't do this eddie," beverly pleaded.

"sorry bev," eddie said and hung up on her.

eddie: okay fine. how can you make it up to me?

troy: i love the arcade. we should go there eds.

eddie thought about it. he wasn't really interested in video games, at all actually. but he was getting another chance with troy. even though troy was saying that he needed a second chance, eddie wanted one too.

eddie: okay, meet you there in an hour

eddie quickly jumped in the shower and threw on a red striped shirt and some light-wash overalls that only went down to his mid-thighs. he clipped on his red fanny pack and he brushed his hair just like he had the night before. and as much as eddie wanted to like richie, richie wasn't troy.

***
richie and stan were at the front desk getting tokens to play some games. they got a lot more then they should've but it was fine since they wouldn't be doing anything anyways.

the first game they went to was street fighter and so far stan was winning the game.

"haha i beat you!" stan said, joyfully.

"fuck you," richie pushed stan over a bit but still had a small smile on his face. "rematch?"

"you're just mad cause you didn't win," stan said.

"shut up, i let you fucking win," richie said, even though he knew he didn't.

"mhm, okay, rematch then."

they played again and, once again, stan won.

"this isn't fucking fair," richie crosses his arms.

"how?" stan laughed seeing richie so angry for such a stupid reason.

"rematch again, i feel better this time," richie said.

the arcade door opened. stan looked to see if it was mike and luna since they always liked coming to the arcade. but when he saw who it was his mouth dropped. troy had his arm around eddie, a wide smile on his straight teeth. troy was almost a foot taller than eddie, probably the same height as richie. his blonde hair swooped to one side and his eyes were a crystal blue. he wore dark blue skinny jeans, a pastel blue muscle shirt, and a red hat facing
the back.

"oh shit," stan whispered.

"what, you too scared to rematch me?" richie smirked.

"uh yea i'm too scared, we should go. i've got better games at home," stan grabbed richie's hand and dragged him around the arcade.

"yo let's just rematch one more time stan... hey stop we've still got more tokens and i'm not wasting my fucking money like that," richie said.

"i'll pay you back," stan replied and continued to pull richie out of the arcade.

"what's the fucking rush?" richie asked, starting to get aggravated.

richie was much stronger than stan so he pried his hand off his wrist and stomped back to street fighter.

"no no no," stan rushed after richie.

"eds?" richie saw eddie standing at street fighter, looking like he was waiting for something.

"oh hi richie," eddie smiled.

"what are you doing here?" richie asked.

troy walked over and put his arm around eddie's small frame. troy gave eddie a soft kiss on his lips.

richie's heart stopped.

"who's this babe?" troy asked eddie, looking to richie.

"um just my friend," eddie said.

those words seemed to tear richie from the inside.

"i'm gonna go," richie said, no feeling through his body. he stumbled backwards and out the door to see stan.

"i'm sorry richie," stan said.

"fuck," richie put his hands on his eyes to stop himself from crying. his heart literally felt like it was tearing from the inside. he did like eddie, without a doubt. maybe a little too much for his liking.

"wanna go home?" stan asked.

richie nodded and walked back to stan's house, his heart completely broken.