chapter 4

TRIGGER WARNING: HOMOPHOBIC SLURS

it was two weeks into richie's trip and him and betty were in a relationship. it wasn't the smartest idea to get into a relationship after knowing someone for such a short amount of time but richie seemed to like betty quite a bit and betty did too. at least that's what richie thought.

richie noticed that eddie had been talking to him a lot less than when he first arrived. once betty and him started dating eddie stopped texting him and coming to stan's house to hang out. richie just thought that eddie was busy or something but that wasn't the case. in reality eddie couldn't bear to see richie with somebody else. he really caught feelings for him in such a short amount of time but that was sort of a trait of his. the same thing happened with troy.

everyone was at stan's house again, betty was sitting on richie's lap as richie rested his hand on her thigh.

the doorbell rang and stan answered it.

"oh eddie, you're here!" stan smiled.

"yep," eddie looked towards richie and betty and then quickly looked away, his face getting hot.

he sat down next to beverly on the other couch that richie wasn't on.

"just act calm," beverly whispered to him.

eddie nodded and faked a smile.

"oh my gosh we should play spin the bottle," betty said.

"you just wanna kiss me," richie smirked.

betty giggled and turned around, placing her lips on richie's.

eddie took beverly's hand and squeezed it in anger.

all of them sat on the floor except for eddie.

"i'm not playing," eddie said.

"come on eds, it'll be fun," richie replied.

"no thanks," eddie glared.

"please eds," richie said.

eddie looked into richie's eyes, trying to resist. "fine." he sat on the floor across from richie.

"okay who's spinning first?" richie asked.

"i will!" beverly said, spinning the bottle. it landed on eddie.

"ew," eddie laughed.

beverly laughed too and kissed him quickly. eddie wiped his lips and giggled.

eddie spun the bottle next. it landed on bill. he became a little hesitant because he, like everyone else in the friend group knew that stan and bill had a thing for each other but just shook off the feeling and leaned in quickly to peck bill's lips.

bill spun the bottle but was nervous for it to the land on that special noodle head he secretly had a thing for. the bottle felt as if it was spinning forever till it landed on the one and only stan.

a red tint rose to both of their cheeks as they both leaned in slowly. they closed the space in between each other and the kiss lasted for a couple seconds longer then it should've.

"GET A ROOM" beverly yelled laughing along with everyone else except the two boys making them pull away blush and go back to their spots while continuously glancing at each other.

stan spun the bottle and it landed on eddie again but it was the same as his and bill's kiss.

after it was eddie's turn again. he sighed and spun the bottle, leaning against the couch behind him. the bottle stopped on the person straight across from him. he looked into the dark eyes of richie tozier.

"picked up eds," richie smirked.

"uh-um.." eddie was very hesitant to kiss richie. he knew that if he did he would want him even more than he did now.

"come on fag, hurry up and do it," betty took a puff of her cigarette.

everyone looked at her in awe except for richie.

"yo don't say that," mike said.

"whatever," betty rolled her eyes.

eddie was so angry, he swore he could feel his blood boiling inside his veins. fine betty, i will kiss your fucking boyfriend.

eddie leaned in and kissed richie, moving close to him and rubbing his hand up richie's leg to make betty mad. richie let out a low groan of satisfaction and started cupping eddie's cheek. just when richie thought eddie was going to pull away he lightly gripped onto richie's hair and deepened the kiss and licking his lip to ask for entrance, where richie allows. their tongues battle for dominance where eddie surprisingly wins.

"okay that's enough," betty said, pushing eddie off of him.

eddie smirked and leaned back against the couch, looking at richie. richie smiled slightly, obviously trying to hide it, and bit his lip.

beverly smiled at eddie and everyone else just looked at him in shock.

"game's fucking over, let's go richie," she grabbed his hand and richie shook her off.

"yo chill babe, it was just a kiss," he said.

betty looked at eddie and grimaced. she mouthed "fuck you" to him and eddie winked back.

eddie had richie wrapped around his finger but he just didn't know it yet.