Chapter 3: The Knight Bus

Start from the beginning

Stan continued looking at it, "Who did you say you two were?"

"Neville Longbottom," Harry said quickly.

Briana caught Harrys gaze, "Bri...... Britney Longbottom."

Stan looked unconvinced, "Yes, we can take you wherever you want, as long as its not in water. Bus doesn't work well underwater you see."

"Right," Briana said, "Can you take us to London?"

"Costs 11 sickles each," Stan said.

"Ok," Briana opened her trunk and started trying to find some money. Briana finally fished out twenty two silver pieces and put them in Stan's outstretched hand.

Stan bent down and lifted up Harry's trunk with lots of difficulty. Briana and Harry lifted Briana's trunk between them with Hedwig's cage and Callie in her cage balancing on top.

"You get these two," Stan set Harrys trunk on one bed right behind the driver. Briana set hers on the bed next to it.

"This is Ernie Prang, our driver," Stan introduced, motioning towards an old man sitting in the drivers seat wearing thick glasses, "Ernie, this is Neville and Britney Longbottom."

Ernie nodded his head towards the two before looking back forward.

"Take it away, Ern," Stan said.

Ernie pushed down the brake and with a screech the bus shot forward. Briana flew back for such the speed of it, causing her to land on her bed. She could already feel herself getting sick.

Briana sat back up, trying to steady herself as she looked out the window. The bus was moving quickly as it dodged past cars on the streets.

Harry seemed to be watching to, "Don't the Muggles see us?"

"Don't see much, those Muggles do they?" Stan asked.

Stan pulled the Daily Prophet out of his pocket. Briana tried steadying herself. She literally thought that she might get sick.

That's when she saw a curly haired man on the front of the paper, "Hey, that man was on the news!" she exclaimed.

"Who is that?" Harry asked in confusion.

"Who's this?" Stan asked in disbelief, "That's Sirius Black that is. Here, Neville," Stan handed him the prophet. I read over Harry's shoulder.

BLACK STILL AT LARGE

Sirius Black, possibly the most infamous prisoner to ever have been held in Azkaban fortress, is still eluding capture, the Ministry of Magic has confirmed today.

"We are doing all we can to recapture Black," said the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, this morning, "Amd we beg the magical community to remain calm."

Fudge has been criticized by some members of the International Federation of Warlocks for informing the Muggle Prime Minister of the crisis.

"Well, really, I had to, don't you know," said an irritable Fudge, "Black is mad. He's a danger to anyone who crossed him, magic or muggle. I have the Prime Minister's assurance that he will not breath a word of Black's true identity to anyone. And lets face it, who's believe him if he did?

While Muggles have been told that Black is carrying a gun, the magical community lives in fear of massacre like that twelve years ago, when Black murdered thirteen people with a single curse.

"Scary lookin fing, ain't he?" Stan grabbed the paper back.

"He killed thirteen people with a single curse?" Harry asked in disbelief.

Stan nodded, "In broad daylight. Ya see, they cornered him in the middle of the street and Sirius blasted em. A wizard and tons o Muggles that were standing by. You know what he did then?"

"What?" Harry asked.

"He laughed," Stan said, "He came quiet then. He was a bit off the rocker, Black was."

"If he wasn't then, he is now after being in Azkaban," Ern added.

Briana had heard of Azkaban. Is the wizard prison. Apparently people changed in Azkaban, a lot of them went insane.

"So why were people after Black in the first place?" Harry asked.

"Black was a big supporter of You Know Who," Stan said.

"Voldemort?" Harry blurted out without thinking.

The reaction was immediate. Stan's face became pale white. Ern steered the steering wheel so quick he almost ran straight into a barn.

"Wha you say his name fo!" Stan exclaimed.

"Sorry," Harry stuttered.

"For the love of god!" Briana suddenly exclaimed, causing Harry and Stan to both look at her, "It's just a name. Voldemort, Voldemort, Voldemort!"

Stan was now fidgeting nervously. Harry was looking at her with a warning glance. Stan was suddenly looking around as if Voldemort was going to pop out of no where.

Briana glanced at each of them, "I just don't see why I should be afraid to say a name," she whispered, "He can't hurt me anymore."

Harry gripped Briana's shoulder. Briana continued staring at Stan.

"Where is it you wanted to go, Britney?" Stan asked, seeming to calm down.

"Diagon Alley," she breathed out.

"Heard that, Ern?" Stan asked.

"On it," Ern said as the bus continued speeding down the street.

Briana turned away and looked out the window. She usually didn't react like this. And now one of Voldemort's followers were on the loose.

Splendid.

"Here we are," Stan said as they halted to a stop.

Briana got up and grabbed Callie.Stan shoved both Harry and Briana's trunks out.

Briana was about to get out after Harry, but Stan stopped her.

"Wait just a second...." he was staring right at her forehead, "You're....."

"Briana Potter," Briana said before pushing past Stan and getting out next to Harry.

"Ern!" Stan was yelling, "Its Briana and Harry Potter! I see their scars!"

Briana smirked at Harry before looking ahead of her. Her smile disappeared.

Standing in front of her was the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge.