I Really Don't Care

Ellie POV

Playing outside is a lot of fun, my favorite part is when my friend Carter plays with me. I'm not allowed to play inside mommy says I'm too loud. Carter and I were playing but she had to go home so I'm going inside.

"Mommy I'm reading in my room" I tell my mommy

"No you're not get outside and don't come back" she screams

I run out the door as fast as I can. Mommy always yells at me like that but it's always scary. There's a place with a lot of people maybe one of them can tell my mommy to be nice to me. I run around all the people and up near a girl singing. These big guys stop me and pick me up.

"LET ME GO" I scream

The singing girl looks at me as the guys carry me away. They bring me over to a place with a lot of chairs and sit me down. They sit down next to me but I don't want them to. They're scary.

"Where's your mommy or daddy?" One of the guys asks me

I start crying because I'm scared and the singing girl shows up. The guys talk to her then she comes over to me.

"Hi sweetie I'm Demi" she says

I nod my head so she knows I understand

"What's your name?" She asks

I make an L then an E to show my name is Ellie but don't say anything.

"Ellie is a very pretty name" Demi says "can you tell me where your mommy or daddy is?"

I shake my head no and she sighs.

"Why not?" She asks

I make my shoulders to say I don't know and curl into a ball.

"Are you scared?" She asks

I nod my head yes and she holds her arms open for a hug. I give her a hug
but she doesn't let go.

"Don't be scared baby girl you're safe" she tells me

I shake my head no

"Do you want to come spend the night with me?" She asks

I nod my head yes and she picks me up

"Let's go then"

I'm actually really excited about this book! I hope you guys like it. I've been working really hard on it. If there is anything I can do to improve please tell me!