Chapter 3 : Haggling

Start from the beginning

Nie Yan held a special type of affection for the Tempest Thief class. After all, he had dedicated nearly a decade of painstaking effort into it. The Level 180 Thief represented the height of his glory.

When he considered all these factors, he selected the Tempest Thief as his class once again—just as he had in the past.

System: You've chosen to start in the Viridian Empire.

System: You've selected Tempest Thief as your class.

System: Please name your character.

(涅)Nie (炎)Yan

"Nirvana Flame!" Nie Yan chose the same name as he had in the past. "Nirvana Flame"—though these words were pronounced in the same way as his real name when they were spoken, they presented the meaning of a phoenix entering nirvana and being reborn.

System: Successfully created character name. The character Nirvana Flame has been created.

The game automatically blurred the player's true appearance after entering. Then, the system would conduct minor alterations to the face of the player's character. Under normal circumstances, the appearance of the player's character and the player's actual appearance were vastly different. It would actually be quite difficult to recognize a player in real life. However, the actual beauty or ugliness of the character was more or less equivalent to how it would be outside the game.

Nie Yan opened his status window and took a look at his own stats.

These were the base stats for every type of Thief in the beginning of the game

These were the base stats for every type of Thief in the beginning of the game. Furthermore, at Level 0, the system gave five stat points and one mastery point.

Nie Yan took a glance at his status window. When he had chosen the Tempest Thief class in the past, he had added one point in Strength, two points in Dexterity, and two points in Physique in order to make himself more durable. In turn, it caused him to have a very weak attack power and slow attack speed during the initial stages of the game, causing him to waste a lot of his time trying to level. In reality, thieves never required a lot of HP at the start of the game. In the past, when he thought about this failure and all the time he had wasted, Nie Yan couldn't help but drop his shoulders down and sigh many times, wishing he could delete and restart again. This time around, he wouldn't repeat such a disastrous mistake again.

This time, he added three points into Strength and two points in Dexterity. He had concluded this was the optimum ratio, after taking into account the leveling habits of his previous life. He took another glance at the status window after allocating all of his stat points.

Attack 5 → 6

Hit Rate 10.0 → 10.6

Movement Speed 5.0 → 5.4