PROLOGUE

july
PROLOGUE

DAVID dobrik and delilah sinclair were always close. when delilah moved in across the street and saw the that there were more children were in the neighborhood, she was ecstatic. being an only child was hard for the young girl when she was such an introvert, so the first time she saw david, natalie, and ilya playing outside she marched right up to them. david and the pale girl hit it off instantly. whenever they had to do anything in pairs, those two were the first to link arms and call dibs on eachother.

it had been like this since they were 8 and 11 and when delilah started high school when david was in his junior year it stayed the same. for delilah she hadn't ever thought about david more than a best friend, but david had loved his lilah since she started high school.

     so when the dobrik boy kissed the sinclair girl winter night on a park bench while they were both freezing, it shocked the girl. it shocked her until she started thinking about david in that way. soon she develop a crush on the wavy haired boy and they started dating.

    their relationship was one for the books considering the two completely different personalities. lilah was extremely head strong and confident, while david was more awkward. still the two loved each other no matter what. when delilah told david she wanted to be a singer he supported her, and when dave told lilah he wanted to do vines she helped him with it.

   the relationship was wonderful until the summer before david left for college. the two teenagers had taken a complete turn and the relationship became the worst thing that could possibly be happening to them. natalie told delilah to end it, and ilya told david the same, but the two were too scared of change of going back to just friends. so when david left for college they stayed in the relationship until the viner decided to drop out and move to L.A.

    when the david broke the news to the small girl, she held her breath and the tears that came with breathing until david hung up the phone. yes, the boy who promised to always love her had broken up with the washington girl over a call. he had told her that they could still be friends. he wanted to still be friends, but delilah couldn't be friends with the long haired boy after she felt pain like that from him.

   delilah had to face her biggest fear; change. so she went through high school, continued to post her covers on youtube, and then when one of her covers blew up and she got an offer from a company, she left vernon hills and moved to l.a.

   the girl knew she was living in the same city as her ex, so when she became friends with his friends and her and the boy started hanging out more, one of three things could happen. delilah sinclair and david dobrik could fall back in love and be in a healthy relationship, delilah could act like a bad bitch and not fall for the you-tuber again, or delilah sinclair could get her heart shattered again.

   but if delilah teagan sinclair knew one thing, it was that she was not going to let the boy from slovak break her again.