[5] daisy.

'we come from the earth, we return to the earth and in between we garden

'we come from the earth, we return to the earth and in between we garden.'

ADESSA

"What a beautiful place," I speak walking inside of Lando's apartment slowly while taking a look at everything and paying the most attention to every object.

"Thanks," He just mutters while trying to hide some things that are laying around the place. "Want some milk?" He asks and I chuckle.

"Sure," I shrug and we walk to his kitchen where he serves me a huge glass of milk and, of course, he has one too.

It has been almost a month since Silverstone and our friendship has grown a lot, but so have my feelings for him. 

It is easy to fall for Lando. He is a nice boy, he is funny, he is supportive, he is attentive and he is just someone who's company you will always miss when away, but most important of all he is my soulmate. 

What's a soulmate? It's a.. Well, it's like a best friend but more. It's the one person in the world who knows you better than anyone else. It's someone that makes you a better person.. actually.. they don't make you a better person. You do that yourself. Because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone you can carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you and accepted you.. believed in you before anyone else did.. or when no one else would. And no matter what happens.. you will always love them. Nothing can ever change that.

Anyway, this is the first time he invited me to his place. He never did and I never wanted to push him too because who knows, maybe it means something.

"So, next races?" I ask and he sighs.

"Germany," He lays out and I nod.

"I heard it has some beautiful gardens," I joke and he chuckles.

We remain in silence, but not an awkward one. His phone starts buzzing with notifications and he then proceeds to take his phone out of his pockets to reply, to what I guess those are messages.

I keep drinking my milk in silence while analyzing him. "Who is it?" I hesitate to ask and his cheeks flush. 

"Uhm," He hesitates to answer me.

"Is it a girl?" I wonder raising a brow while leaving my glass on the counter. He nods slowly in response. "And you haven't told me?" I high pitch my voice as a joke.

"Because we have started talking only a few days ago, nothing serious," He simply replies while putting his phone away.

"Might I see her?" I question him a bit shy and he nods.

"Here," A few seconds later he shows me his phone screen and my face drops. She is just gorgeous, with her blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes.

"She is pretty," I admit and he shrugs.

"I know," He jokes and I chuckled sarcastically. "I was planning to send her flowers, which type of flower do you think I could send her?" He asks making my heart hurt.

"Uhm," I mumble while keep looking at his phone. "She looks like a daisy girl," I smile to him.

"And how would you describe a daisy girl?" He wonders while locking and putting his phone away.

"Naturally beautiful, childlike but wise, loves dancing, languages, and pastels, top of the class, secretly wants to be a mermaid," I rest my head on my hand while explaining to him.

"Sounds like her," He confesses. "Anyways, want to grab some snacks for this night?" He changes the topic while getting up from his chair. 

Tonight we are doing a pajama party but we need to get the food first.

"Sure," I nod and just like that I follow him out of his home and straight to the store.

Once inside the store, which was just a few blocks away from his place, we wander around while looking forward to our provisions. As soon as we get them, we walk straight to the line to buy them.

"Hello," I smile politely to the guy who works at the store while placing the items on the counter so he can check them out. "Oh, Lando," I speak to my friend while remembering we forgot to by the most important thing of all, the popcorn.

"What?" He wonders confused.

"The popcorn!" I state. "Go get it!" I hurry him and he quickly starts walking towards the aisle to get it.

"You guys are dating right?" The guy suddenly asks interrupting my thoughts.

I shake my head in confusion. "No," I answer. The answer hurts; physically and emotionally.

He frowns. "But the way you guys look at each other..."

I shake my head, smiling sadly.

I know he is always an option but, no he's my best friend. I know he is always there for me but, no he's my best friend. I know I'm gaining feelings for him but, no he's my best friend. I know when they ask if I like him that I lie with no he's my best friend. Now I'm just realizing it must be too late.