32 | Sofa

He didn't know what came over him. One second, he was spread out over the sofa with Clifford snuggled up to his side, and the next, everything was suddenly different. Harry was lounging on the other side, totally invested in the newest episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine on the telly, his big-ass feet entangled with Louis'.

Louis couldn't find it within himself to watch the program, too busy admiring Harry's side profile as he laughed breathily at something Rosa said. He was beautiful, with his pointy nose that wiggled when he laughed, and his jawline that could probably cut glass. Louis was so distracted by the sight of Harry, that he didn't even notice the words falling out of his mouth until Harry was staring at him with wide eyes and his gorgeous pink lips parted in surprise.

After all, he hadn't exactly meant to say it. Not to say he didn't want it, but he definitely hadn't been planning it so soon. Or at all, really. Because despite how much he loved Harry, and how much he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him, it was still really early into their relationship.

Or, well, too early to be asking this question.

They'd only been together officially for four months. Of course, there was that extra six months when they'd had that 'fling' thing. But however they looked at it, they hadn't even technically been together a year, which was too soon.

But for some reason, the second it came out of his mouth, and he processed what he'd asked, it seemed perfect. Who cares how long they'd been together? Because Louis loved Harry, and he couldn't see himself with anyone else, ever.

And seeing the look on Harry's face, Louis knew it was right. He knew it was perfect.

"Marry me?"

"Okay."