𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐂  𝐇  𝐀  𝐏  𝐓  𝐄  𝐑     𝐎  𝐍  𝐄
❝ 𝑺𝑶 𝑳𝑬𝑻 𝑴𝑬 𝑮𝑶 ❞

❛  i n  t h e  e n d ,  w e ' l l  a l l  b e c o m e  s t o r i e s  ❜- m a r g a r e t  a t w o o d

i n t h e e n d ,
w e ' l l a l l b e c o m e s t o r i e s
- m a r g a r e t a t w o o d

〰️ 🌸 〰️

H E A R T , U N B E A T I N G ,

It was as if the universe continued, yet the half stayed still, silent, and almost dead.

It felt cold, like ice forming inside the overall human anatomy. Miniature glaciers forming ever so slowly in his frail body.

He was frozen. It felt as though water from the arctic was replacing his blood, the thick liquid in his veins retreating from his body as Mike's shock settled in.

His mind still unable to comprehend, he gulped.

There was a ringing in his ears, like a static radio, unable to find a signal, along with his mind, he was lost, unable to find clarity in the chaos that was surrounding him.

He felt his heart drum it's first beat, as if having pumped it's first blood in forever.

Mike hissed, his chest feeling cold. Aching.

Widened eyes roamed the room, slow and cautious, his pale palm latching unto his chest, crumpling the shirt above it.

Drumming beats filled his ears as his eyes casted downwards, his vision falling right into Will's limp figure, his eyes shut.

He looked dead, barely even breathing.

"N-no. . . W-will wake u-up." Mike spoke, voice soft, laced with denial.

"Will, come on. You're alright, you just n-need some rest, that's all." His voice was shaking, still denying all the signs that were right before him.

"Hey . . ." Michael placed his palms on Will, shaking him.

"Come on, Will. Please wake up." His voice broke, tears springing from him eyes as he finally started to lose hope.

Mike wondered if this was finally it. Was this really the end? He felt scared, like a helpless child lost in a mall, unable to find his parents.

Hopelessness enveloped him like an old blanket. It reeked of pain and sadness.

"Will come on! Wake up!!" He screamed, gently shaking the small boy's figure, trying to wake him up.

Mike extended his scrawny arms out, wrapping his friend in a protective hug, pushing Will's back to his chest, his scrawny body shaking.

"I-I need you! You can't l-leave me yet. Please Will!!" The taller boy begged, tears pouring from his eyes.

"Mrs. Byers!! Jonathan!! Help me! Please!! . . .—" He glanced at Will with a worried look, his face contorted with melancholy.

"Jonathan!!!" His voice echoed through the woods, his throat becoming sore.

Tears poured from Mike's eyes, like a dam broken in half, the tears became unstoppable. Overflowing.

He lifted his arm and wrapped it around Will's pale forehead, leaning it unto his neck, kissing his forehead lightly with trembling lips.

"You're gonna be alright, Mrs. Byers and Jonathan are coming. Everything's going to be okay. It's all going to be fine. I promise you." Mike assured him, something inside him knowing that Will was listening.

It fell silent, only his shaking breath filled his hearing. The world was now silent, as if giving him his last chance to say something.

But he didnt want to take that chance, never in his life.

The curtain opened, light seeping in towards the slightly darkened room, blinding Mike's vision.

"Mike—!" Jonathan burst in through the curtain only to find himself silent, him too, shocked at his younger brother's limp body being gently shaken awake by his friend.

Joyce gasped at the sight, her heart clenching.

"No . . . Will, he can't be—" Joyce cried, her hand covering her mouth.

The older Byers grabbed unto Will's arms, moving quickly, trying to fight time. A whimper leaving Jonathan's lips, panic evident on his face.

"No! I need him!" Mike yelled, anger and fear lacing his words, latching unto Will's shirt, heaving.

"Mike, I need you to calm down, sweetie." Joyce spoke, placing her pale, shaking hand on Mike's tear stained cheeks. The boy's eyes glazed with delusions.

His face cringed from the pain. Looking back from Will towards Joyce, his clenched hand loosening on the fabric of Will's shirt.

"I need him. I-I can't lose him, i just cant. He means too much to me." He broke down, holding unto Joyce Byers.

"I love him."

~ s ~

Hello my bby's. Since everyone wanted a second book, so with much dedication and passion I have gathered, i delivered. Hopefully, this will satisfy you.

Please do consider leaving a comment or a vote, these small acts help alot.

I hope you have a good day/night. I love you❤️

All the love,
euna🌞