Chapter Thirteen: Newcomer

Start from the beginning

"I... I don't think you need these," Alvin said.

"No, no!" Elizabeth, accepting the flowers from Alvin. "I don't want those anyway."

"Ouch!" Marco said. "I got these flowers specifically for you three lovely girls, you know."

It was only then that Alvin noticed Marco. Alvin frowned.

"Who are you?" Wolf, who just entered the room, asked.

Marco looked arrogantly at Wolf. He remained seated and returned the question to him, "Who are you?"

"That's Marco Palaez, son of the owners of the Palaez Group of Companies," Alvin answered for Wolf.

"Ria?" they heard Alexis calling from upstairs. "Liz?"

"I'll go," Wolf said, putting down the paper bag he was carrying.

"What are you doing here?" Alvin said. "Ruining people's morning already?"

"Don't you people have any other questions?" Marco asked. "But since my three girls are here, why don't you get Alexis so we can discuss it. I didn't come all the way here just to have to repeat myself."

Upstairs, Wolf was standing in front of Alexis room, "Alexis? It's Wolf, can I come in?"

"Okay," Alexis was sitting up on the bed when Wolf entered.

"How do you feel?" Wolf asked.

"Much better. What's going on? Is somebody else here?"

"A guy called Marco Palaez."

"What? Ugh, what's he doing here?" Alexis frowned. "I have to go down."

"No, you can't. You have to rest. Who the heck is that guy anyway? Elizabeth and Cha are too tense downstairs."

"A very arrogant and delusional guy. He always gets on our nerves. Ugh. Please Wolf? I have to go down there. The last time we saw him, Elizabeth was this close to scratching his eyes out."

"Fine. But change your clothes first."

"I'll help you," Chandria followed after Wolf because she couldn't stand being with Marco. "God, he's still as arrogant as always. He said he wouldn't leave until he talks to the three of us. We might as well get this over with so he'll leave."

Wolf carried Alexis into the bathroom and Chandria stayed with Alexis, helping her get dressed and fix herself up. When they were done, Wolf carried Alexis downstairs, refusing to let her walk even for a second. Wolf sat Alexis on the couch on the side farthest from Marco. Elizabeth and Chandria sat beside her while Wolf and Alvin remained standing.

"Aren't you guys gonna leave?" Marco said. "This is between my ladies and I."

"No, and stop referring to them as yours. They're not yours," Alvin said, pissed.

Marco just shrugged, "Not for long. Girls, I'm here to make your dreams come true. My parents had just given me the go signal to have one of you as my fiancé."

"Excuse me?" Chandria said, appalled.

"I said, one of you girls get to be my lucky bride-to-be," Marco said. "I figured it wouldn't be too bad, having one of you as my wife. I mean, who'd fit best as my wife if not one of you three right? But I don't want you girls fighting over me since I'm such a kind guy so I thought I'd get to know you girls better first then choose myself."

Marco's parents decided that they wanted to further expand their business. And they wanted to do it with a solid backer with them and that was why they pushed Marco to make one of the girls fall in love with him to be his fiancé. They didn't care who, but they had to have one of them. Marco didn't protest, having known this would eventually happen and at least he was given the choice between the three girls.