Prologue

Today is another simple and typical day, just like yesterday, the city is bustling with busy crowd. Vehicles are passing by back in forth, however, the city looks more busy for certain reasons. Why is that?

Cartel don't know.

He doesn't have any plan to ask someone anyway, the moment he finished work, he will simply go home and take a satisfying rest. Being a person who prefers peace and quietness, Cartel Jackson doesn't have any close friends. He have acquaintances yes, but he never had very close friends he would let to occupy his small gray world.

Mostly, if he craves company, he had a Pomeranian that he takes care of, he will simply talk to his pet and pour his emotions, even though his pet wasn't able to comfort him verbally, his Pomeranian would simply lick his fingers to comfort his feelings.

He named his male Pomeranian "KC".
KC is a very good companion, Cartel somehow preferred this animal than any real person to be his companions. Like yesterday, Cartel performed his usual routines. Waking up 5:00 am every morning, eating breakfast, feeding KC, taking a bath, going to work, go home, sleep and the cycle would repeat in another day.

He is a simple salary man, without any plans on creating his own family. Hell, simple working to feed himself is already this tiring, why add another people to feed? He wasn't interested in having children anyway.

He's gay.

That's probably the reason why he is always left alone since he was a kid. He was 10 years old when he confessed his sexuality to his family, he happily thought they would accept him but the result is completely out of his expectations. They drived him out of the house, straight to the streets.

Luckily, there was a kind family who took him, dressed and feeded him. The Jackson couple couldn't have any children, so they were happy to have Cartel and they named him after their last name. Cartel become their son. Unfortunately for Cartel, Lord God took the couple very early.

He was 17 years old when his adoptive parents had a car crash, they both died on the spot. Cartel didn't grieved much for he wasn't really emotionally attached to them. Yes, he was, he is thankful to them but the emotional attachment? He never had them, because the moment his real family pushed him out mercilessly just because of his sexuality, he engraved a lesson deeply in his heart.

Never trust too much, never love too much, because it would only give you big heartache.

His adopted parents isn't poor, but also not that wealthy. The moment they died, all their properties were handed to Cartel's hands. He used them wisely, he bought a small house and lot, bought a cute Pomeranian, and saved some of it for life insurance.

He is now 27 years old, and ten years had passed. He got a simple yet respectable job, a good house to be his world and a small but cute companion.

Even though many years had passed, Cartel couldn't forget the pain of rejection, as it been in his heart until now. He is gay, how he wished to change it, but he can't.  He doesn't find women attractive, but even though he preferred men, never he thought of finding a man to be with.

Just like what he said, he wanted to be alone.

Cartel is now preparing to sleep, he is just preparing KC's small bed and his. After that, he would lay down and would pray for Hypnos to let him have a deep and good sleep.

"KC. Sleep okay?" Cartel spoke in a gentle voice. His Pomeranian wagged its tail and stared at Cartel with sparkling eyes. It slowly settled at his own customized bed and continued to stare at his owner. Seeing it, Cartel couldn't help but to laugh at its cuteness.

He sighed and ruffled KC's furrs, he stood up and a cool sensation caressed his skin. Ah, he left the window opened. He strode towards the window intending to close it, but his attention was caught by the sight of the sky.

It was supposed to be black with sparkling stars, but right now it wasn't.

The sky was raging red, as if blood has covered the vast sky. It was... confusing. Why would the sky turn red? Is there any problem? Cartel stared at the blood red sky, the swirling clouds and everything.
Suddenly, a rustling sound woke up Cartel in his thoughts.

It was his pet causing a ruckus.

Cartel shooked his head and closed the window gently. He strode towards KC and ordered, "Sleep."
KC whimpered and slowly settled down once again. Cartel smiled and headed towards his bed, lying down restlessly. What he saw still bothers him.

He closed his eyes and decided to sleep than ponder of that thing further. Not long after, Hypnos gifted Cartel a very deep sleep, with a bothering dream.