Chapter Nineteen

Magsimula sa umpisa

Math was awkward to say the least.

Louis and I sat next to each other in silence, while our maths teacher was going on and on about some theorem I had no idea about. Maybe Louis didn't want to be bothered with talking to me? Oh my gosh, what if I did something to piss him off? No Victoria, you didn't do anything. Nothing - nothing at all.

I huffed out a big breath which caught the attention of Louis. He turned to look at me and put his hand on my left knee. I looked down at his hand for a few seconds before meeting his intense gaze.

"Are you okay?" Louis whispered quietly to me.

No, no I'm not.

I nodded, "I'm fine."

He smiled at me briefly before turning his attention back to Miss Huttington. Since when did Louis pay attention in maths class!? I shook my head slightly to myself and tried to brush off that he wasn't really paying any attention to me like normally and for once payed attention to Miss Huttington.

                                                                            ~*~

I looked up at the cloud covered skies, and then back down at the screen of my phone. Still no messages from my mum. I sat down on one of the steps of the school, and played with a small rock that was sitting near my foot, pulling my cardigan closer to me as the wind picked up.

"Out of all the days you have to be late mum, you pick today." I muttered to myself and counted five cars that had picked up their late son or daughter. Jesse waved to me as he got into his late mum's car and I waved back, smiling slightly.

Now, I was alone.

About five minutes later and my mum still wasn't here, I stood up, brushing my jeans off and quickly sent my mum a text that said I would be walking home. I was just about to walk down the few steps of the school when the school doors opened up and then closed. I looked over my shoulder to see Forrest pulling his blue hoodie over his black hair. His eyes met mine breifly before he walked down the steps, and down the path to the student parking lot.

"Hey Forrest?" I called out before I could contain my word vomit.

He turned around for a second before responding, "What do you want?"

I walked down the steps and jogged to catch up to him, "I was wondering if you drive to school .."

He rolled his eyes, "No I flew," He said sarcastically, "What do you think? Of course I did."

I hesitated for a few moments before asking my next question, "Can I um - can I have a ride home?"

He sighed heavily, and pulled something out of his backpack, "Nope."

"Why not?"

"Just because."

"That isn't an answer."

"Yes it is."

"No it wasn't."

"I responded to you - didn't I? An answer isn't just 'yes' all the time."

I rolled my eyes and stopped in my tracks, and watched Forrest click a button on his car keys and the lights to a Mini Cooper flashed, "I'll just walk home than. Whatever."

                                                                          ~*~

I arrived on my doorstep at exactly 5:04pm, and I was exhausted. As soon as I opened up the front door, Biscuit greeted me with a sniff to my pant legs and a bark before he trotted away into the kitchen. I followed behind him at a slower pace into the kitchen. I looked at my mum, her blonde hair that was a tone lighter than mine was thrown up into a messy bun and she had a pair of Yoga pants on, and a long-sleeved blue tshirt.

"Mum?"

She looked over her shoulder as she placed something into the oven. Once she closed the oven door, she took off the oven mitt and walked over to me, enveloping me into a tight hug. I hugged her back slightly and looked at her as if she had grown four heads while I was at school.

"Okay, what have you done with my mother?" I demanded, walking over to the oven and seeing there was a pot roast cooking in there.

She smiled, "Nothing .. it's just we have some erm, company tonight."

I squeezed my eyes shut, "Please don't let it be the Tomlinsons."

I heard her laugh gently before speaking, "No sweetie, I invited my new boyfriend over to dinner."

My eyes that were closed a few minutes ago popped over and I almost choked on the salvia that was present in my mouth, "B-B-Boyfriend?"

My mother had finally gotten a boyfriend.

She nodded and smiled enthusastically, "Yes dear, I got a boyfriend. He is quite the charmer." She gushed as she checked the pot roast.

"Whats his name?"

"Chet."

"How old is he?"

She gave me a look that said 'I'm-not-telling-you-so-don't-ask-that-again' and I dropped the twenty questions game that I was starting to play with her. I opened my mouth to ask her something but was interupted by the doorbell chiming, notifying that someone was at the door.

"That's probably Chet," My mum said to me and started to run out of the kitchen, "I need to go change! Can you get the door Tori? Thanks."

I gulped and walked out of the kitchen and towards the door. I placed my hand and wrapped it around the doorknob before slowly pulling open the door, Biscuit barking wildly at my feet.

Here goes nothing, I thought as I pulled the door open to reveal ...

                                                                          ~*~

CLIFFHANGEERR. :)

Aha, so basically I mostly said it all before the beginning of the chapter - but I just wanted to say something ..

Please do NOT advertise your stories on MY stories or tell me to read them and give me the link. It's rude and I just don't have time to read your stories - sorry. All comments like that will be deleted.

Video: Austin Mahone - Say Something (I love this song .. js)

BOUGHT THE LWWY CD TODAY AT WALMART. OMFG EXCITED. It has two tracks on it, it has Live While We're Young and I Want(Live). It's just sakajsdsjhdfjdhflgjd. :)

Want more 'He Wasn't A Jerk Online'? Vote, comment and fan for more frequent updates!

- Peace yo.