II

Fatal

It had been some years since the Seiryuu had taken Amai back with him to the village. Since the young Seiryuu didn't have a name Amai named him Shin-ah, which meant moonlight because Shin-ah was Amai's light. However it wasn't as nice as many people would think, both Amai and the Shin-ah were greatly fear by the villagers that lived on the land. They chased Shin-ah and Amai into a secret passage, even then when all the villagers hated and feared them. They were both happy, because they had each other. They had shared their past with each other and they shed their tears with each other. Both the Seiryuu and the shifter fell deeply in love and were now lovers.

Amai's POV
"Shin-ah!" I yelled as I had hunted down a deer. I presented the dear to my dearest and cutest Seiryuu. Shin-ah looked up at me with a smile, he had his mask that Aoi once wore on along with the bells attached. "Welcome back Amai." He said with the warm tone he always had. I smiled at him and dropped the deer and ran up to hug him. I engulfed him in a bear hug, looking down at Shin-ah as he was flustered. "Amai.. why did you hug me so suddenly..." Shin-ah said flustered hiding his head in the crook of my neck, I giggled as he nuzzled he nose against my skin in a loving way. I lifted his face and took his mask off, I saw a red faced Shin-ah, I giggled again as I saw his cute face blushing and embarrassed. "Ahhh! Shin-ah you're so adorable!" I laughed out as he got redder and covered his face with one hand as the other held my hand. "Amai...let's just cook the deer..." he shook his head at my childishness.
"Yessir" I saluted him and laughed.

After eating we went to a near by river to bath. I played with the water as Shin-ah watched me amused, " Amai be careful the water gets deeper" Shin-ah said with worry lacing his voice as he got out of the river and was getting dressed. He knew I couldn't swim. " yeah I know Shin-ah." From the corner of my eye I saw a small squirrel perched up in a tree branch near by, I walked closer to it. I thought it would run away but instead it came closer. I reached out my hand forgetting the deep waters near us, and When the squirrel was about to touch my hand it fell into the deep waters, without thinking I dived into the water to save the poor squirrel. I held him as I resurfaced but I remembered I couldn't swim, "Shin-ah!" I screamed as loudly as I could hoping he would hear me and save me. I started to sink but held my hand with the small squirrel above the water. With my remaining strength I threw the squirrel near the land and finally gave up struggling the water. I looked up at the sky thinking of Shin-ah 'will I ever see him again?' I closed my eyes as exhaled and sunk more. The last thing I saw was Shin-ah swimming to me reaching for me.

I opened my eyes slowly and saw pinch black, I shot up looking at my hands. 'I'm not dead?' I questioned in my head. I looked around, it was the all too familiar space Shin-ah and I had lived in for most of our lives. Suddenly I felt a wave of heat and fell back, a pair of arms caught me. Looking up I saw Shin-ah's beautiful face without his mask, I smiled up at him with a weak voice I whispered "Shin-ah, what happened?" He looked at me with concerned eyes, " you almost drowned and you're sick." He explained frowning. I frowned as well and looked to the side, a fluffy tail caught my eyes and they lit up. Shin-ah noticing my lightened mood nudged the squirrel in front of me, i noticed it was the same one I saved. " she wouldn't stop following me" he said scratching his cheek shyly, I stared at Shin-ah in awe as I looked back at the squirrel. "Aoi." I said in a cheerful voice, Shin-ah tilted his head in Confusion. "let's name her Aoi." I looked up at him. My eyes widened as I saw tears in his eyes, I raised my hands reaching from him. Shin-ah slipped his hand into mines as I held it, "Shin-ah, please don't cry." I tired consoling him, he crouched down and laid next to me. "Shin-ah?" I questioned, he just wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. "You're sick Amai, rest." He said in a caring tone. I started to grow tired, I felt as Aoi scurried next to me as i finally fell into slumber.

Shin-ah's POV
I held Amai closer to me, I didn't look scared but I was. Amai is all I had in this world she is my everything and I loved her so much, when I saw her drowning i didn't think and saved her. I looked at her as she was sleeping peacefully, she had a fever yet she was peacefully sleeping. I smiled down at her and thought about how we would live if we weren't in this village. 'Amai would be happier, and she would be free...' I kissed her forehead as I fell asleep too.

Amai's POV
When I woke up Shin-ah was asleep and my headache was worse, i touched his forehead and pulled his beautiful blue hair out of his face. Shin-ah slowly opened his golden dragon eyes I've always loved and looked at me for a few seconds before springing up. I flinched startled and looked at him in confusion, "what's wrong Shin-ah?" I asked trying to sit up only for Shin-ah to push me back down. He leaned closer and put our foreheads against each other feeling my temperature, he pulled back and looked at me with worry. "Amai you're burning up..." he stood up, "Shin-ah, where are you going?" I asked softly looking up at him. "I'm going to get water for you." And he left. I waited patiently for Shin-ah to return slowly growing tired. "I'm tired..." I said to no one. I slowly drifted off to sleep waiting for Shin-ah to return.

I woke up to a light, I sat up feeling a bit better, my ears sticking up as I heard talking. I looked over and saw Shin-ah with a girl and a guy that looked very much like a girl next to him, Shin-ah was yelling and his sword was drawn, I hated seeing him upset like this. "Shin-ah..." I called out softly, Shin-ah turned around and faced me. He kneeled down in front of me and pat my head, "who's that Shin-ah?" The red haired girl asked quietly. I looked over at her and studied her. She looked nice but her eyes, they had fire in them, I smiled at her and waved. "I'm Amai." I said sweetly smiling at her, I stood up slowly with shinah helping me. "Shin-ah I need to go ask the doctor for medicine, put your sword back they won't fight you. I'll be back continue your talk." He complied and sheathed his sword. I smiled and kissed his cheek, walking away. I trusted the boy and girl....

I looked back and waved as I left the passage way. As I walked out I saw the villagers huddled up but I could care less about the stupid men crowded over there. I continued walking hiding away from them when suddenly there was an earthquake, I jumped remembering Shin-ah and Aoi we're inside and sprinted to the direction of them. Adrenaline pumped me up making me ignore my headache, upon reaching the villagers I pushed my way to the front scaring a few villagers that pushed me away. I fell to my knees when I saw a wall blocking me, Shin-ah the love of my life was in the other side and might be trapped there forever.

This was fatal.

Words : 1404