The Project

Chresanto's POV

I was sitting in class when someone threw a note on my desk. Usually, notes that get thrown at me are hurtful and are from some wanna-be ass thug. But this one said Hey, wanna be my partner for this project? What project?

"Okay class, now for this next activity we are going to find a partner to interview about how their school life is going. This project needs to be typed and is worth 25 points. There are a list of questions on the board. Write them, memorize them, do whatever you do."

Out of the blue, a pretty darkskin girl with curly hair comes to my desk. She pulled a chair from the back table next to me. "I'm the one who sent the note." I was so happy that I had a partner that I didn't pay attention to her calling me. "You okay?"

"Y-yeah, i'm f-fine. What's your name?" I managed to get out. "Tanisha" she said getting her papers out. "I already know your name. So let's get started.

One question kept going on in my head... why did she choose me for a partner? Maybe she felt bad for me. I have no friends in this class so I sit in the corner for a hour.

"Do you wanna meet up at my house or..?" Tanisha asked me as she packed up her things. I glanced at the clock. 50 Seconds. I put my pencils away. "Yours." and right after i said that, the bell rang. We walked out of class together. "Can i have you phone number? Ya'know for project purposes..." she asked as I was about to turn. I took out a sticky note wrote my number then gave it to her. "Thanks"

I walked to my next class. I got in right before the bell rang. I seen my two good friends Elijah and Ria. I walked over to them, but didn't make it that far. Before I knew it, I was on the floor. I looked up and seen it was Jacob. Forgot he was in my class. That shit hurt. Elijah ran to me and helped me up while Ria picked up my things. I then noticed my nose was bleeding. What else could go wrong. Elijah walked me to the restroom and helped me clean myself up. "You need to start standing up for yourself. I don't care if you like or love him. It's not worth this." I thought about his words. Then decided that I was going to push all my feelings to the side and stand up for myself.

We walked back into class and I was ready for whatever that was going to happen.