They were close to the edge of the forest; they’d pass onto the grasslands at any moment. She decided to lead them up to Emyn Uial, she hoped to lose them there. The wind was still, making the ride a little easier, they didn’t have to struggle with it then. They rode for two hours. With no sign of the orcs she slowed Ohtar to a stop, he was exhausted, collapsing right there in the tall grass. They rested there for the evening, hungry, cold, and not sleeping.

At some point Beuren had fallen asleep. When she woke, she could hear sniffing, oh crap. The Warg was less than three feet away, Ohtar was gone, but she could see him standing on a knoll not too far away. With a deep breath she sprang to her feet. Her horse started towards her. The wargs close behind. She grabbed his mane and swung on. He turned, bucking in the process and kicking a Warg back.

They were relentless, the orcs, she couldn’t lose them. She rode straight for several long hours, firing off arrows as often as she could, but her supply was running low. That’s when she saw the river. As they waded through it as fast as they could, she looked up, mountains. A small smile played at her lips. She could see the stone path to her right, winding up into the hills. She was there, Ered Luin, the Blue Mountains. She kicked her horse, urging him forward, she knew right where to go. As she ran past the guard tower she screamed.

“Rakhâs! Rukhskhaî!” (Orcs! Wargs!) A blonde head looked over the side, but she ducked before she could see who it was.

“Call out the guard!” They called. The next thing she knew she was on the ground, an orc straddling her. She struggled against him, but an arrow stopped him. A smile grew on her lips. Beuren pushed the orc’s body off of her and took off up the path towards the mountain. She pulled her hood up, and it stayed, very well actually despite the wind. When she got to the top of the hill she saw guards. Drawing her sword she turned, launching into battle with the orcs.

A loud battle cry rang behind her, she bent backwards just in time to dodge an enormous axe. It beheaded the orc before her, and she stood, attacking the next. Her sword was kicked from her hand, an axe now replaced it. With a hard swing she lodged it into the skull of a nearby Warg, then took up her sword from the ground and threw it, impaling an orc about to get one of the guards.

Soon only two stood, they were easily killed, and everyone was breathing heavily. She turned to thank her former comrades when someone grabbed her arm, kicking her legs out from beneath her; she landed with a thud in the dirt. They rolled her to her stomach and bound her wrists.

“OI!” She barked, trying to get away. “Let me go!”

“No can do, for all we know you might be an enemy to.” A familiar voice said, causing her to smirk.

“Whatever you say big guy.” She joked, he pushed her forward roughly, she nearly tripped. They led her to the mountain. “I can walk on my own you know.”

“Yes, and that’s why I’m holding your arm, don’t want you wandering off.”

“Like I’d get far. Dwarves are built for running aren’t they?”

“Shut it.” A new voice hissed.

“Or what? You’ll arrest me?” A snicker reached her ears. “Am I wrong?”

“You really need to loosen up.” The snickering person said.

“And you need to shut up or go back to your post.” The serious voice said.

“Enough fighting boys! There’s enough love to go around.” The younger of the two, the one who laughed, again laughed. There was a long period of silence where they walked the halls Beuren once called home.