Chapter 24

Arthit opens the car door for Kongpob. He tells him that he will pamper him today. As they were driving away, Arthit looks at Kongpob, and reaches for Kongpob's hand with his free hand. He intertwines their fingers, and held Kongpob's hand to his lips and kissed it. Kongpob smiled and blushed. Kongpob is melting by the second. Arthit's playlist consists of all the songs they used to sing including the one he sang at Prem and Wad's engagement party. After about 30 minutes, a new song starts playing as they come to a stop.

I hear a million voices in my head
Telling me the things I should have said
I don't know why I let you go
Oh I learned the hard way
Tell me it's not too late
Now my arms are open wide
They're hanging forever, there
Waiting forever, for you
I won't give up on you this time
Cause I ain't holding up, for nobody else
It's gotta be you
When you walked away my
Heart tried to replace ya
With someone like you
But I could never find it
I don't want to fight it
It's gotta be you
I wish I could turn back the time
The power is yours and not mine
Maybe with time you'll see that
I can give you all the things you missed
Oh no no

"Kongpob, I want to give you this. Can you read it, and then meet me by that tree?"

Arthit points to the a floral tree at the corner of the street. Kongpob smiles and nods. His P'Arthit is full of surprises today. Arthit gets out of the car, and walks away.

Kongpob excitedly opens the envelope to find a letter.

To my Moon,

Thank you for giving me a chance to fix what I've broken, 'US'. Today, our story of true love continues. The past three years without you has been the darkest time for me. Not a single day went by without missing you. I was an empty vessel, a man with no soul. Never have I ever felt so alone. Days, months, and years didn't make a difference to me when I no longer had you. You call me your sun, and I truly only shine for you.

Today, I want to share everything with you. I want to face all our future challenges together. Because my past, my present, and my future is you. Come, and I will show you my past. You can help me write our future.

Only Your Sun,
Arthit

Kongpob folds the letter back into it's envelope, and puts it away carefully. He makes his way towards Arthit that is leaning against the tree smiling at him. As he got closer, Arthit pushed off the tree and opened his arms. Kongpob walked straight into Arthit's embrace. They both smiled snuggling into each other's neck. Kongpob gives Arthit a peck on the side of his head.

"I love you Kongpob."

"I love you too P'Arthit."

Arthit takes out a little black box, and gives it to Kongpob. Kongpob grins, and looks up to Arthit who is grinning from ear to ear showing his dimples.

"P'Arthit, you are full of surprises today."

"Hurry and open it."

Kongpob gently opens the box. Inside were two gears he hasn't seen in over three years. However, they are now half of each put together. Kongpob was so touched.

"It represents both our hearts now. We will never be without one another again. I made it at work. Wad helped me too."

"P'Arthit, you had my heart all along."