Chapter Eight "Give me your best shot."

[Ej Pov]

Blood glazed over the black passenger seat, it dripped down to the floor boards. [Name] was barely breathing, she was going into shock. Knowing how much limited time there was, I sped up. Faster and faster street lights and stop signs flew past, their light added to the colour of the spilling blood that now drenched the base of the car. Her face began to lose it's luster as gravity took effect to the still-pouring blood pooling upon her legs. The dull, yellow light of the streets seemed brighter. The red and blue lights began to disappear as I drove faster toward the mansion.

Bursting through the open door with blood drenched over me and now the doormat, I surprised Smile who was napping in Slenderman's arm chair by the bookshelf. He jumped off the chair to run up to me with a wagging tail, but he stopped in his tracks when he saw all the crimson. Turning his head, he watched me run back into the surgical room that across from the laundry room. A trail of blood lead the way on the once-clean rugs that Slenderman and Trenderman had taken long to find.

Swinging the door wide, I layed down [Name] on the silver table covered in scratches. Pulling out gauzes, stitches and rubbing alcohol I began to work on the wound, the flow of liquids slowing down due to lack of blood. After cleaning out the bullet hole I had to take the metal out. Flying from a close shot, it was lodged deep into the tissue and muscle. I bumped up the morphine drip right before I stuck a pair of pliers through the opening in her thigh to pull out a concave bullet. The hunk of metal clanged into bin I had next to me as I sought to clean the wound.

The floor of the room had pools of red as it flowed into the drain that was installed to this room, for such purpose. Her breaths were shallow and slow but it was still there. I picked her up gently to carry her back up to my room and passed Jane on the way. She didn't even question the blood. My shoes hit the dark wood stairs with a loud thump while climbing. Jeff's room, located to the right of mine, had his door wide open. Perhaps he forgot to shut after he went out? I strode into my room and layed [Name] down on the bed who had her own blood dried to her.

Leaving the room, I was met with Laughing Jack who invited me on a hunt. Taking up the offer, we left the house. Traveling down the road at a slow pace had me pondering about [Name], curious if she's still passed out. LJ pulled into a small town at least 10 miles away and crawled over to a house that's across the street from the one I chose. He enthusiastically announced that his house had at least three kids. He left me to my prowl of the night.

Opening the window and silently moving the blinds out of the way, I stumbled into in living room of the house. Almost knocking over a vase that sat with a lamp on an end table. The owner of this house was passed out with their head thrown back at the ceiling as they snored to the high hell. Not caring much about that, I set to work on a decent meal at last.

[Your Pov]

Your head was killing you, it felt like someone had shot a million times into your brain. Opening your eyes to a dark room, you saw that the curtains were drawn to hide the sun. Jack was no where to be found in what you guess was his room. Body screaming to stand up and stretch, your right thigh sent shocks of excruciating pain when you uprighted yourself. Flopping back down on the bed of dark and blue is when you run your hand over a wrapped up cloth around the upper part of your thigh. Flashes of the late night shopping extravaganza appeared in your head. You add more of the dwindling supply of morphine and stumble out of the warm blankets onto the cold, hard wood as you made your way to the door.

The hallway was dark and only lit by a single hall light which appeared to be shimmering by the top of a staircase. Looking left and right you saw hand prints of all different shapes and sizes. The stains on the wall were all stained a dark red colour, but a few of the others seemed a tad fresh. Holding onto the bags of IVs, you slowly walked toward the impending stairs which, on closer inspection, was covered in flesh and blood. The lone illumination by the stairs began to flicker has you got closer. Not wanting to stay any longer in the emptiness of this pathway, you descend down the stairs quickly.

The last step came into view as you saw that dried plasma had covered the rug that lead up to the wooden stairs. Swallowing the horrible feeling in your gut, you followed the crimson trail. The footsteps of blood lead you to a empty living room.

A couch, one loveseat and two armchairs, both black in colour. One armchair was near a lamp and a bookshelf. The television sat in the middle of the room with the couch in a well placed position if you were watching something. Gaming consoles had covered the persian rug, along with the corresponding controllers randomly placed all over the coffee table next to a textbook of human anatomy. Walking over to the bookshelf you noticed that most of the books were about trees, oak woods, pine woods and red woods.

Turning around to look at the living room one more time, you were met with a door opening, the door was most likely the front door. Jack came walking in the wide swung door with a 40's television clown walked in. Jack and the clown both turned into the living room, Jack stopped in his tracks pulling the monochrome jester, with him. They stared at the dried blood covered figure that was you. In turn, you stared at the fresh blood that covered them. Breaking the silence, you let a nervous "Hi." slip past your lips.