Chapter 1 ( the year of pregnancy)

Holding my baby girl for the first time made me reflect on the past year. I was such a carefree girl. Always getting what I wanted and had the best of everything. Never had to work a day in my life . Straight A student , caption of the cheer squad and the most popular girl at school. I had it all. Plus I had the hottest boy friend. We were the couple everyone envied . But the night of my homecoming party everything changed. Our football team, The Waterville Wolves, beat the Oakwood Lions 25 to 0. The school was in a good mood. The dance went great. I was crowned junior class Princess and Jason (my boyfriend) was crowned Prince and we danced the night away. Back at my enormous house,I threw the wildest party the community ever saw. The entire school had to be there. But what made it worst was we got the alcohol out. Beer cans everywhere. I drank a few and it must have got out of hand because I end up the next morning naked in my room with my clothes scattered in my room. The bed sheets torn off and a lone boxer laid on the floor. Come to find out I couldn't remember a thing the night before. I call my best friend Kathy but she doesn't even know what happened and she was sober. I pushed aside what happened and continued on life as normal

A few weeks later I find out Jason had been cheating on me with Kathy. I was so upset that a punched Kathy and broke her noes. Due to my perfect record I was able to keep cheering. At the start of the winter season after tryouts, I started to feel queasy and would get sick in the morning. I didn't tell anyone because they'll just think I became bulimic due to the break up. I got tired earlier and wasn't always able to stay awake in class. Things weren't looking right. Towards the beginning of December, I noticed that I didn't have my quarterly period ( only 4 a year due to my birth control). I brush off the idea saying that I must of counted wrong. I couldn't remember having sex so I couldn't be .... Pregnant.

During the month of December I noticed that I was gaining weight. I wasn't eating much so I didn't know what it was from. Still no period. On New years eve instead of going to a party I decided to go to the drug store pick up a pregnancy test and try it.

I come home and find it empty, my parents at a huge party with all their rich friends. I rush up to the bathroom. I try the first test.

5 minutes later I see a + sign.

That can't be right. I try another one

5 minutes after that

I see a + sign again.

I get furious and I take the rest of the tests.

5 minutes after then. All the tests have a + on it.

I come to realize I'M PREGNANT. How is that possible. I look at a picture of myself from football season to basketball season and I saw I gained weight. I lift up my shirt in front of the mirror and I notice that I have a bump for a belly instead of my normal abs.

When did this happen I thought. I call my doctor and make the appointment for the Monday. I come in the first thing he does is look at me and say "Are you pregnant cus you sure look like it?!?"

I burst into tears. The doctor calms me down and takes some tests and says that I am pregnant.

I pay the doctor's fee of $100 then I go spill the bean to my parents. The are more shocked then I was. I couldn't even tell them the father because I didn't even know who it was. My mother makes me call my coach an tell her I am not allowed to cheer anymore and I have to explain to her my situation. It was humiliation. My mother makes me take an job as an intern at a law firm to start gaining money for my new expenses. People at school start to give me funny looks teachers included. I lose all of their respect. Now they all look to Kathy and Jason instead of me...

Only my close friends like Madison, Danielle, Jacky, Paul, Jake and Billy still hold respect for me. They all come over and help me with what they can. We all still go out to dinner and go to the movies. But I barley go to school functions anymore. People making comments about me have gotten to be to much.

6 months into the pregnancy I try to figure when I go pregnant and I come back to the homecoming party at my house and say it had to be that night. I call Jason and question him about it but he says that was the night he started cheating on me so the baby wasn't his.

I ponder who the father was with no conclusion. My parents allow me to move into the basement and turn it into an apartment type space to live in. I turn one of the rooms into a nursery with little ocean animals. All of my friends come over and help with the move from the upstairs to the basement. When moving the clothes I come across a boxer. They were blue and were from the night of homecoming. I had a clue to find the father.

On the 33rd week my contractions started to get worst and I felt the baby kicking more and more. On the night before the 34th week I had such bad contractions I was rushed to the hospital and told I was gonna have the baby then.

4 hours later I come back to where I am today holding my 6lb 18 inches long baby girl. She is rather large for a preemie but she is beautiful. Perfectly healthy. I feel that I could hold her like that forever but the nurse comes over and takes her for tests to make sure my baby girl us healthy. But I just know that she is healthy. My Emily Grace is perfect.